The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5980
Original post by desijut
lol, basically, to get people to shut up, I say something along the lines of "I studied hard, did what I could, whatever results I get, I will be happy with. Talking and thinking about the results will not have ANY affect on my results, so I dont see the point of discussing them" but this is when people persist on talking about it and after I told them I'm not sure if i got the grades for my firm. But honestly, I think most people dont persist on talking about it with me is because I show no emotions when talking about it and even to the point where I dont even care or even as if I dont want to talk about it (obviously I do care what I get)

To get people to stop annoying me whenever I get asked "How I think I did" I reply "I did ****" and walk off. :redface:
Original post by . .
To get people to stop annoying me whenever I get asked "How I think I did" I reply "I did ****" and walk off. :redface:

The difference is, i can sustain a conversation after saying my fancy **** :tongue:
Reply 5982
Original post by eemooz
Are you joking?!
Sighhhhhh. I'll tell you what happened.
When I normally do past papers at home and get stuck, I flip to the back and check out the answer lol. So in the exam when I couldn't do the first question, I knew I was screwed. Fast forward to the third question and panic has set it lmao. So by habit I turn to the back to look at the answers.... Which were obviously not there.

I almost cried. That exam was hell.

What was the first Q again?

How'd you find the comprehension?
Reply 5983
Original post by desijut
lol, basically, to get people to shut up, I say something along the lines of "I studied hard, did what I could, whatever results I get, I will be happy with. Talking and thinking about the results will not have ANY affect on my results, so I dont see the point of discussing them" but this is when people persist on talking about it and after I told them I'm not sure if i got the grades for my firm. But honestly, I think most people dont persist on talking about it with me is because I show no emotions when talking about it and even to the point where I dont even care or even as if I dont want to talk about it (obviously I do care what I get)

Haha fair enough that's a really good tactic haha. My mum doesn't think I've tried enough but whatever, it's done now :smile: I can't wait to go uni! :biggrin:
Reply 5984
Original post by Jam'
What was the first Q again?

How'd you find the comprehension?

It was the two fractions you had to add, and whatever I did I couldn't make the quadratic factorise, so mehhhh, tbh a lot of people at my school got stuck on the first question..

Ahhhh good old comprehension, it was the only thing that saved c4 lmao. How did you find it? :smile:
17 days left...
Reply 5986
Original post by ezioaudi77
17 days left...

Not long...
Give me my results now i cannot take it any more i underperformed in some areas whilst other exams were abit sketchy. Results now results now results now
Original post by Mature student99
Got accepted to my course last week through an access course. :smile:

Good luck everyone waiting for AS/A Levels. You guys will be fine, you're all quite young yet regardless of what happens.

Congratulations :smile:
I'd just like to ask, did the college you got to give their access students their results all at the same time? I have not yet received mine so I'm curious whether all colleges do it different
Original post by jamboogy
Why don't you go squash some bananas to relieve the anguish.

I squashed all the bananas yesterday....I may have to find some other fruit or vegetable to squash xD any suggestions...? I'm getting desperate here! :tongue:
In exactly 17 days we will all know the outcome :redface:
Original post by Abbie Keates
Did your marks go up to the next grade in both?

no they came back exactly the same, thats why I meant they do get the marking right first time sometimes :P
Reply 5992
I've been reading last year's thread and it seems like AQA Psychology is really unpredictable. People who felt confident got the grades they weren't expecting :afraid:
Original post by wandi
I've been reading last year's thread and it seems like AQA Psychology is really unpredictable. People who felt confident got the grades they weren't expecting :afraid:

I was pretty sure I'd egt an A and got a B in AQA Psychology AS so I vouch for this haha D:
Original post by thompsonic7
Hiding under a rock :cool:

Find out what accommodation I've got tomorrow :biggrin:

As you do. :tongue:

Nice! I have to wait until after results to even apply. :frown:

:sexface:
Original post by wibletg
Woah, all I can say is that is a seriously good PC build :tongue:

Well yeah, thanks, but it's an entry level gaming machine, spent around 400 odd quid on it, but it does the job for most games. Are you into pc building?

(btw i got windows 7 32 bit which is bad because it doesn't fully utilise the 8gb ram i installed.... it only uses 4gb of it but i'm going to install the 64 bit version when i'm desperate to play games and the system should use nearly all of the 8gb available)
Reply 5996
Original post by TitchTheAntiHero
I was pretty sure I'd egt an A and got a B in AQA Psychology AS so I vouch for this haha D:

How many marks off an A? I was feeling rather confident that I did well when I left my exam hall.... then I logged into TSR :rolleyes:
Original post by TotalLifeForever
No I did OCR actually, it was such a nightmare though! We did have a rather useless teacher though which couldn't have helped, this year's teacher seems a bit more savvy now...I just hope it won't be that bad again this year! If my coursework stays the same I would need a C in the exams for my grades, whereas if it does the same as before I'd need an A! Such a nightmare really. Thankfully my history teacher has never had her marks changed in 15 years of teaching! :smile: Sure you'll be fine though really, A2 and AS seem different somehow

Thank you :smile:

My class went through 5 teachers in our AS year :laugh: it wasn't good, things kept happening to them...we also had a month where all we did was watch The Great Gatsby on DVD :colondollar:

Your situation with your English coursework and the marks needed in your exam is exactly the same as me in History :s-smilie: fingers crossed!
Reply 5998
Original post by James A
Well yeah, thanks, but it's an entry level gaming machine, spent around 400 odd quid on it, but it does the job for most games. Are you into pc building?

(btw i got windows 7 32 bit which is bad because it doesn't fully utilise the 8gb ram i installed.... it only uses 4gb of it but i'm going to install the 64 bit version when i'm desperate to play games and the system should use nearly all of the 8gb available)

Yeah, but when you're using a clapped out laptop it looks pretty decent :tongue:

It's been a while since I built my own though.

What quality graphics can you reasonably run Crysis on? :smile:
Reply 5999
Original post by Niki_girl
Thank you :smile:

My class went through 5 teachers in our AS year :laugh: it wasn't good, things kept happening to them...we also had a month where all we did was watch The Great Gatsby on DVD :colondollar:

Your situation with your English coursework and the marks needed in your exam is exactly the same as me in History :s-smilie: fingers crossed!

We watched that DVD too. It was awful!

Although the new film with Di Caprio looks awesome! :gah:

Latest