The Student Room Group

C3 June 2012 - Post Exam Thread - Solutions and Paper in the FIRST POST

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NutterFrutter
Anyone else use Rsin(x+alpha) on question 3b, I still got the answer so assume I'll be awarded full marks?

I did both and crossed out my other way but yes it is just as correct! Especially seeing as you got the final result correct.

Original post by Dan4444
I just rewrote it all again for part b :biggrin:

A few silly errors but hopefully above 90%

I didn't want to waste time D: Argh bloody edexcel, why couldn't they have just said. bla bla bla prove it equals sec^2x like they normally do. Oh well, I hope it doesn't matter.
(edited 11 years ago)
So, does anyone know yet whether or not the 1/6(Cos^2(Arctan(x/3))) form for 7b) is correct for full marks? It's technically answering the question that we've been given.

Either way, It looks like I've gotten just below, or dead on 90 UMS, which I'm absolutely thrilled about, now to make the most of that and get 90+ in C4!
Reply 382
i would have lost 8 marks for things i didnt know how to do, but horrendous mistakes have made me lose like 12-15 marks. I feel stupid now :facepalm:
Original post by Amirrryy
i would have lost 8 marks for things i didnt know how to do, but horrendous mistakes have made me lose like 12-15 marks. I feel stupid now :facepalm:

:hugs: Feeling your pain.

the worst thing in C4 is forgetting to constant :lol: throughout and dropping about 5 marks (which i really need to stop doing)
Hopefully, I'll get 90+ UMS in C4. It's much better than C3. :colone:
Reply 385
Original post by IxI_Rhys_IxI
So, does anyone know yet whether or not the 1/6(Cos^2(Arctan(x/3))) form for 7b) is correct for full marks? It's technically answering the question that we've been given.

Either way, It looks like I've gotten just below, or dead on 90 UMS, which I'm absolutely thrilled about, now to make the most of that and get 90+ in C4!

I got that as well. I assume it would be full marks, as it just said find dy/dx in terms of x. It didn't ask to give it in its simplest form.
Reply 386
Original post by Brand New Eyes
:hugs: Feeling your pain.

the worst thing in C4 is forgetting to constant :lol: throughout and dropping about 5 marks (which i really need to stop doing)

haha we shall rape that SOB on thursday :wink:

I had a few q would be grateful if u helped me answer them:
1) on q1 i think i got arithmetic wrong and got 2/the square brackets instead of 6. would i lose one mark or 2?
2) also on the domain range q, idk how i managed to get it wrong i put > 0 , but afterwards i put the same thing for the domain of the inverse, so would i get e.c.f marks on it?
3) on the last question, i also made an arithmetic error, q8(c) got 7cos2x - 25sin2x - 1 instead of 7 :/ but used that answer in the last part of the q and did 25 + 1 = 26 as the maximum instead of 25 + 7 so would i get e.c.f marks here also?
much appreciated
Does any one what you need to get an overall A? I got a B last year, but i re-sat m1 and my average is now 82%. I just flopped M2 and got about 70-80 UMS on C3. Will i still get my A??????

Oh and on question 7b), i just left it as dy/dx = 1+x^2/9 how many marks will i lose?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 388
Original post by misspinx20
Does any one what you need to get an overall A? I got a B last year, but i re-sat m1 and my average is now 82%. I just flopped M2 and got about 70-80 UMS on C3. Will i still get my A??????

For maths, not further maths, i think its 480/600 for an A.
Original post by jjbrown
How many marks do you think i'll lose for not factorising the (9x^2-4) bracket. Everything else was right, I just blanked on how to factorise it.

I did that, wanted to kick myself when everyone was like oh yeah difference of two squares... don't know how I managed to forget that. I don't think it'll be more than an accuracy mark lost though coz we got the rest of it right?
Reply 390
Arsey thanks for the markscheme!

For 7 a i - i didnt simplify because it didnt say to next to that question, will i get the marks?
Looks Like a low A for me tbh. Gonna have to pull a ****ing rabbit out of a hat in C4 to get the A* now!

How does the A grade work in further maths?
Isn't it the same as maths: 480/600 UMS?
Reply 393
Original post by IxI_Rhys_IxI

Honestly for this wouldn't it be 6(cos^2...) because its 6sec^2? so the 6 stays on top?

if not i've lost like 10 or more marks by being stupid and forgetting identities =.=.=.=.=

EDIT IM STUPID
(edited 11 years ago)
you know guys. u shouldnt revise only with past papers. do all of the exercises in the textbook. that question asking dy/dx in terms of x was exactly the same question in the textbook, page 60 or 61 something
what do you need in c3 and c4 to get an A*? is it over 90 in both or can it be an average. I got less than 90 in c3 =/
Reply 396
Original post by london6ukok
How does the A grade work in further maths?
Isn't it the same as maths: 480/600 UMS?

i am actually not sure but probably cos it makes sense for it to be roughly the same :smile:

Dont worry too much about it lots of people or even majority of people made loads of errors in the exam (so have i), just focus on C4 and ace that and you'll be fine :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by simransanghera
what do you need in c3 and c4 to get an A*? is it over 90 in both or can it be an average. I got less than 90 in c3 =/

for maths you need an average of 90 UMS between C3 and C4 + a total of 480 UMS out of 600

for fm, you need an average of 90 UMS between 3 out of your 4 A2 modules + a total of 480 UMS out of 600

[fm consists of 2 AS modules and 4 A2 modules]
Reply 398
Original post by simransanghera

u can get like 80 (A) in C3 and over 90% in C4 and end up with an A* i think

Ohh, I have 247 so far....so i need 233 to get an A this year. Well i think i just blew that out of the window, considering M2 and C3 weren't nice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending