The Student Room Group

C3 June 2012 - Post Exam Thread - Solutions and Paper in the FIRST POST

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by pranav?
Do we have TO draw the asymtops for 6e?!?!!!!?!!!?! wtf

I doubt it 2 marks for shape, 2 marks for intersections!
anyone care to answer this?? Q6e my curves overlapped by coordinates+shapes are correct. will i get 3/4? (one lost for accuracy) ?
i honestly thought that was a horrible paper, but i don't need an A in this to get an A overall. Still I'm really hoping for a low grade boundary. From what I'm hearing more people found it hard than easy so that's what's giving me hope at the moment.
Reply 143
Original post by Benjyxo
I had this but then realised it's wrong, you didnt square the 3! :frown:

oh ye i see now thanks
Reply 144
Original post by jameshewitt
anyone care to answer this?? Q6e my curves overlapped by coordinates+shapes are correct. will i get 3/4? (one lost for accuracy) ?

yes i think you will as its 2 for coordinates and 2 for aymptotes + shape
Reply 145
7 b) I got an equal answer to yours just less simplified using a different method. It's an essay but help meplease :P I said dy/dx=(1/6)cos^2(2y) then x/3=tan(2y) and drew a triangle with the angle=2y and the opposite=x and the adjacent=3. Then I worked out the hypotenuous using pythagoras as (x^2+9)^(1/2) so I said x=(x^2+9)^(1/2)sin(2y). I then rearranged dy/dx so it equalled (1/6)(1-sin^2(2y)). From my triangle I could work out what sin^2(2y) is in terms of x and find dy/dx like that. I got the answer as (1/6)(1-(x^2/(x^2+9)) which is the same as the answer just less simplified. Would I lose marks?? Thank you
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 146
Original post by tangkykiet
u cant do that with question 3 . How can u even try ? i dont think u will get any mark there sorry

You can.....I got the exact same answer. When you bracket out the e^x, you are left with square root3 sin 3x + 3 cos 3x, which is in the form Rsin (3x+a)

someone needs to maybe practise a little more trig!
Reply 147
Original post by meraphox
defo not
this paper was standard with some weird wording nothing hard about the maths though. should be 70/75 for 90ums

I'd say 68 as a lot of people messed up q3 and q5 and even some of the simplifying cost people marks.
Reply 148
Original post by joneasy
Question: i divided everything by cos3x also but if you can do that are you not able to take it out as a factor, leaving you with cos3x = 0 and get more results??

I meant cos3x, sorry

Thank you sir!

should be 74/75 then, how'd you find it?
Reply 150
Well.. Flopped this.

Hoping for 80 UMS in the replacement C4 paper...Dreading it already
Reply 151
For the differentiation if i didnt
Simplify both i and ii, how many marks out of 6 would i lose?
Hi Arsey i wanted to ask you u know for Q.3 part a
were u had 3 answers then eventually got 2pi/9
i knew tht there was only one possible answer coz it was obvs so i jst left it workin wid one value and i did get 2pi/9
do u think i would get penalized for tht, and if yes how many marks
Thank you for posting the answers
Reply 153

Will be 1 mark each for coordinates and 1 mark each for shape, nothing to do with asymptotes as it wasn't in the question.
Original post by Ahmed_Mans
How much would I lose for writing solution of 8b as 113.2 and 173.2?

i was SO ANGRY when I worked out the answers to that Q! In SO many papers, they can never seem to decide whether they want you to round off earlier or later, and in questions where they want to 1dp like this, it just loses you a mark for no reason if you choose to round too early or too late.. dependant on what they feel like :mad:
Reply 155
for question 8b can you still get full marks if you got the right answer but didnt show every step of working
Reply 156
Original post by R006
For the differentiation if i didnt
Simplify both i and ii, how many marks out of 6 would i lose?

You'd probably lose 2 marks as it will be 2 marks for first question (doesn't ask you to simplify) and 4 marks for second question which you'll get 2 for.
Reply 157
Original post by AbsolutePotOfKurry
i was SO ANGRY when I worked out the answers to that Q! In SO many papers, they can never seem to decide whether they want you to round off earlier or later, and in questions where they want to 1dp like this, it just loses you a mark for no reason if you choose to round too early or too late.. dependant on what they feel like :mad:

Always leave the rounding to the end.
Original post by AbsolutePotOfKurry

So I'm gonna lose a mark? **** :frown:
Original post by Kenan and Kel
It was much harder than recent past papers, I think the UMS will be at least it's percentage equivalent or lower

PRAYING FOR THIS TBH!!!!!
I think I got around 57/75 and I got 73UMS in January so I just need an increaseeeee!!

I got over 85% in every past paper but this exam was so much harder than january and loads of others

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending