The Student Room Group

Higher History Predictions 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I'd say chances are higher for the last Germany topic since it didn't appear last year. I've only did that and issues 2 and 4 for Germany.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Nfergs
I'd say chances are higher for the last Germany topic since it didn't appear last year. I've only did that and issues 2 and 4 for Germany.

The Nazi state one? I really hope so.My rise to power essay is not great.
Reply 62
Original post by RachForDummies
Apparently there's no structure to the essays that are chosen, it's picked 'out of a hat' kind of thing so they all have an equal chance of coming up. Saying that, I really hope it's women and nationalism!

Even so, surely they wouldn't put in the exact same three areas again? They'd be the exact same essays pretty much! Saying that, I'm hoping for pillars of autocracy in Russia and it came up the past goodness knows how many years!

Does anyone else study wars of independence for the source questions?

The robert bruce topic sure does drag on :frown:
Reply 64
Kind of unrelated to what any of you are saying but do you know if you are allowed to write about your extended essay topic if it comes up in paper 1?
Reply 65
Not sure if anyone has said this yet, but remember Higher History changed in 2011. As of last year, the essays are now selected by a computer at random so there is no real way of 'predicting' what will come up
Reply 66
And yes, you can write on your extended essay in the exam :smile:

Original post by Nfergs

The last one is the popularity vs. fear, yeah? Also, appeasement was in last years, so does that automatically rule it out.
Reply 68
Original post by El Ferrari
The last one is the popularity vs. fear, yeah? Also, appeasement was in last years, so does that automatically rule it out.

Yeah, basically. But appeasement could still come up, although I don't think I've looked over anything for it.

Reply 69
Original post by Alt__x
Even so, surely they wouldn't put in the exact same three areas again? They'd be the exact same essays pretty much! Saying that, I'm hoping for pillars of autocracy in Russia and it came up the past goodness knows how many years!

Exactly, so if the issues are picked at random like what people are saying, and if the same questions came up as last year, they would definitely make sure at least one of the questions were changed.

Original post by Nfergs
I was confident that a Liberals and Labour essay would defintiely come up, although now I'm not so sure. I think there will be as if it was 1,2 and 3 that would mean there would be 2 democracy and 1 women which seems a bit unequal.

I hope so! I'm hoping for Liberals Motives, such an easy essay to write haha
Reply 71
I was so confident but i went into History today and noticed how much i'd forgotten :frown:

I have 3 relatively strong essays.. Labour, Unification and Nazi's in power
Liberals effective/women/obstacles are average

But I have no clue on the Nationalism, Democracy and reasons for the Liberal reforms being passed. Going to look over them today.
Reply 72
Is rise of Labour party still a possible question? it was on there in 2009
Reply 73
Original post by LiveToSki
Is rise of Labour party still a possible question? it was on there in 2009

That was the old higher
Okay, bit of cramming being done here, i'm pretty confident on liberal reforms, but never really bothered to learn any of the other british topics as I got a B in the prelim and, with the usual sixth year stuff going on never really was in to learn labour, democracy etc. Which of these would be the easiest to learn :s-smilie:
I'm doing Britain and Germany topics. Do you think there's any chance at all that issues 2,3 and 4 will all come up? If they do, I'll definitely fail :frown:
Reply 76
Original post by Noel Comment
Okay, bit of cramming being done here, i'm pretty confident on liberal reforms, but never really bothered to learn any of the other british topics as I got a B in the prelim and, with the usual sixth year stuff going on never really was in to learn labour, democracy etc. Which of these would be the easiest to learn :s-smilie:

My teachers think that labour has a good chance of coming up this year Oo.
Im currently trying to learn 4 essays :L.
Reply 77
Original post by Noel Comment

Labour is definitely easier. I looked at my democracy notes and I didn't even bother to revise for it!
Reply 78
That was the old higher

I am so happy to hear that!:smile:

Is anyone kind of winging it and just doing two out of the four topics for the Britain unit.

Also, is anyone doing Russia? If so, what are you particularly studying?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 79
Original post by LiveToSki
I am so happy to hear that!:smile:

Also, is anyone doing Russia? If so, what are you particularly studying?

I am. I'm looking at the civil war, 1905 revolution and pillars of autocracy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending