The Student Room Group

The "I'm scared I'm going to miss my offer" thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ViceVersa
Mine is still conditional, what does this mean? I haven't got my results but should I call my unis up and beg? :frown:

until you get the results there is no point calling. You need to know where you stand if you are to make your case.
Original post by Pensivedore
My insurance says unconditional, my firm still conditional. I don't want to go to my insurance, should I call they up and ask them to release me just in case I don't get into my firm? Also do I just simply say "I'd like to be released"?

So just to confirm, if your firm decides not to take you then you would rather go into Clearing than take up your insurance place?
Now I'm scared UCAS has made a mistake and my grades are wrong!
Original post by siwelmail
Now I'm scared UCAS has made a mistake and my grades are wrong!

What is your situation? If your Track is show that your place has been confirmed then you should be fine!
Original post by F1 fanatic
So just to confirm, if your firm decides not to take you then you would rather go into Clearing than take up your insurance place?

Well, yes. I have my reasons for not wanting to go to my insurance.
Original post by ViceVersa
Mine is still conditional, what does this mean? I haven't got my results but should I call my unis up and beg? :frown:

Oh no :frown: :hugs: I would say get your results and then from there call up your unis. It could also be that other form that you needed to do as well :sadnod:
Reply 1186
Well my fears were justified, got 'Unsuccessful' from Loughborough, gonna get my results and give them a ring later :frown:
Original post by Pensivedore
Well, yes. I have my reasons for not wanting to go to my insurance.

Ok that's fine I just wanted to confirm that was what you wanted. I think the place to start is to clarify the situation with your firm. Ring them up once you have your results to see if and when they will make a decision on you. You can then ring your insurance to ask them to release you into Clearing.
This is the best thing ever to do.
*UNSUBSCRIBES*
:woo:
Original post by Ozzy4321
Well my fears were justified, got 'Unsuccessful' from Loughborough, gonna get my results and give them a ring later :frown:

What is your situation with other choices? If your Track is showing unsuccessful then the university has made their decision and they have made up their mind not to take you. Your time may be better spent looking elsewhere, particularly if you are in Clearing. If your insurance place is guaranteed then you can phone them if you want, but be prepared for them to say no.
Original post by ray-chill
This is the best thing ever to do.
*UNSUBSCRIBES*
:woo:

Congratulations!
Got in :smile: don't know how though because my grades weren't what I expected:/
Original post by Sophia1994
Got in :smile: don't know how though because my grades weren't what I expected:/

You're on to the next stage of your life. You're into the university you wanted, look on the bright side! If you didn't get as good grades as you wanted work hard for that first! :colone:
Reply 1193
Original post by F1 fanatic
What is your situation with other choices? If your Track is showing unsuccessful then the university has made their decision and they have made up their mind not to take you. Your time may be better spent looking elsewhere, particularly if you are in Clearing. If your insurance place is guaranteed then you can phone them if you want, but be prepared for them to say no.

I have my insurance, but there may be a chance of doing a foundation year/similar course at Loughborough. I just want to be sure.
Original post by Ozzy4321
I have my insurance, but there may be a chance of doing a foundation year/similar course at Loughborough. I just want to be sure.

If you want to change course then it's worth a call for peace of mind to see if they'll consider it, you have your insurance place so you are not in a rush/short of time.
Reply 1195
Left feeling a bit flat after getting my grades, although UCAS says I'm into my firm, I go to collect my results and find I've got BBB instead of my offer of AAB. Feeling a bit deflated but I'm in. Is it worth me ringing them up to check or do I leave them alone because they've confirmed my place...?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Katerzzz
Left feeling a bit flat after getting my grades, although UCAS says I'm into my firm, I go to collect my results and find I've got BBB instead of my offer of AAB. Feeling a bit deflated but I'm in. Is it worth me ringing them up to check or do I leave them alone because they've confirmed my place...?

If it says confirmed you should be absolutely fine :smile:

If you're going to worry about it then phone them. Don't worry, you're onto the next stage of your life, just work hard in your degree and have fun! I'm jealous of all of you getting places! :tongue:

They've confirmed your place so leave it for now, leave the phones free for others who don't have their place confirmed. You should receive and AS12 confirmation letter in the post in the next day or two. If you don't receive that then give the uni a call. I can understand you might be disappointed with your A-levels but from what I am hearing a lot of people are in a similar position this year. The important thing is that your place at your firm has been confirmed.

As F1Fanatic says, leave the phones open for others, but I promise you that you won't even remember what your results are by the end of freshers' week.
Reply 1199
Got into Cambridge! Missed my offer though, really under performed in my exams a lil bit upset but happy I got in nonetheless

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending