The Student Room Group

Music application 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by klrobson
I applied to Cardiff Uni and have had an audition/interview. They said that they would let me know by the end of the following week and that was the beginning of December... I still haven't heard..

Same! I auditioned/interviewed in December and they said before Christmas but still nothing :/ Starting to get a bit worried cos it's my favourite!

Original post by mrbharpist
Do you mean Cardiff University or RWCMD? I've heard back from both - scholarship from RWCMD and invited to an interview from Cardiff University. Have you heard back?

WELL DONE! :biggrin: I've already auditioned/interviewed for Cardiff and I have a scholarship for RWCMD too (:
Reply 281
Original post by gregson5
Same! I auditioned/interviewed in December and they said before Christmas but still nothing :/ Starting to get a bit worried cos it's my favourite! (:

Haha same! I feel slightly better now though because someone else is in the same position :smile:
Same! I auditioned/interviewed in December and they said before Christmas but still nothing :/ Starting to get a bit worried cos it's my favourite!

WELL DONE! :biggrin: I've already auditioned/interviewed for Cardiff and I have a scholarship for RWCMD too (:

WELL DONE YOU TOO!!!! You must be buzzing!! So which out of the two do you think you'll go to?? My interview/audition with Cardiff is on the 23rd, but I've not sent back the form yet...:s-smilie:
I'm applying for single honours BA Music, anyone know anything about Nottingham, Newcastle, Liverpool, Hull, Brunel, Salford, Southampton, Bath Spa or Sussex universities? got 6 days to apply!
Reply 284
WELL DONE YOU TOO!!!! You must be buzzing!! So which out of the two do you think you'll go to?? My interview/audition with Cardiff is on the 23rd, but I've not sent back the form yet...:s-smilie:

Oh no! You need to send it backk!!
I AM!! I wasn't expecting to get in let alone a scholarship!!!
I REALLYYYYYYYY want to go to Cardiff cos it's my favourite but if not RWCMD would be amazing too. You?
Reply 285
Original post by MusicalEmma
I'm applying for single honours BA Music, anyone know anything about Nottingham, Newcastle, Liverpool, Hull, Brunel, Salford, Southampton, Bath Spa or Sussex universities? got 6 days to apply!

Hi,
I have applied for Nottingham and Southampton (aswell as B'ham, Cardiff and Surrey) and Nottingham is definitely my favourite.
Just loved the campus and the facilities and it had a really friendly atmosphere to it. Course suited me too as you get to choose a lot of what you want to do and avoid what you dislike!
I'm thinking Nottingham will be my first and Southampton my second :smile:
Original post by lucychops
Hi,
I have applied for Nottingham and Southampton (aswell as B'ham, Cardiff and Surrey) and Nottingham is definitely my favourite.
Just loved the campus and the facilities and it had a really friendly atmosphere to it. Course suited me too as you get to choose a lot of what you want to do and avoid what you dislike!
I'm thinking Nottingham will be my first and Southampton my second :smile:

Yeah Nottingham is amazing! Southampton looks really good too :biggrin: What are your predicted grades? Have you applied for BA or BMus or a mixture?
Reply 287
Yeah Nottingham is amazing! Southampton looks really good too :biggrin: What are your predicted grades? Have you applied for BA or BMus or a mixture?

I think it's 3 A's but i'm hoping for AAB personally, how about you? and it depends on the place, some are Bmus but nottingham and Cardiff are BA. :smile: What are your favourite places?
Oh no! You need to send it backk!!
I AM!! I wasn't expecting to get in let alone a scholarship!!!
I REALLYYYYYYYY want to go to Cardiff cos it's my favourite but if not RWCMD would be amazing too. You?

I know, I really do need to send it back really soon! I wasn't expecting a scholarship either, so I was extremely surprised!! Which instrument do you play??
Hmm, Guildhall is where I really want to be if I'm completely honest, as I live in Cardiff, but the scholarship is tempting me...argh! So frustrating!
Reply 289
I'm doing a degree in audio production at SAE London, currently in my 1st year. Its a good school, i learnt a lot and its quite rewarding :smile:
Reply 290
I know, I really do need to send it back really soon! I wasn't expecting a scholarship either, so I was extremely surprised!! Which instrument do you play??
Hmm, Guildhall is where I really want to be if I'm completely honest, as I live in Cardiff, but the scholarship is tempting me...argh! So frustrating!

Ahh niceee (: I play the oboe (: And I'm guessing you play the harp? :P
Guildhall is meant to be lovely, I have a friend in the Junior Department and he loves it :biggrin: When will you hear from them??
Ahh niceee (: I play the oboe (: And I'm guessing you play the harp? :P
Guildhall is meant to be lovely, I have a friend in the Junior Department and he loves it :biggrin: When will you hear from them??

Ahh nice one!! No, I play the lute... :wink: only kidding, the harp is my baby!! Haha!!
I really loved the atmosphere when I was there - glad your friend is enjoying himself at the Junior Department!!I heard from them at the start of December, about a week after my audition, so I have to give a reply by the end of the month :s-smilie:
Original post by lucychops
I think it's 3 A's but i'm hoping for AAB personally, how about you? and it depends on the place, some are Bmus but nottingham and Cardiff are BA. :smile: What are your favourite places?

I'm predicted A*BC so bit annoying as they are weird grades but the A* is in music so hopefully they will consider that fact :biggrin: I've only applied to places that are ABB just in case :smile: Nottingham is my favourite and I don't know what my second is, Hull is my insurance
Reply 293
I'm predicted A*BC so bit annoying as they are weird grades but the A* is in music so hopefully they will consider that fact :biggrin: I've only applied to places that are ABB just in case :smile: Nottingham is my favourite and I don't know what my second is, Hull is my insurance

haha that is quite a range, but yeah ABB does balance it out if you get me. have you got the offers from Nottingham and other places then? :smile:

I wouldn't worry about predictions - I was predicted AAC - A in music and geography and a C in biology. Ended up with an A in geog and B's in music and biology.... Places don't seem to care that much as long as you are in the ball park (ie not applying to Oxford with BBB etc)
Reply 295
Ahh nice one!! No, I play the lute... :wink: only kidding, the harp is my baby!! Haha!!
I really loved the atmosphere when I was there - glad your friend is enjoying himself at the Junior Department!!I heard from them at the start of December, about a week after my audition, so I have to give a reply by the end of the month :s-smilie:

Have you got an offer??? :biggrin:
Reply 296
Nobody here seems to have applied to Bristol. Poor Bristol! :P
Original post by wren94
Nobody here seems to have applied to Bristol. Poor Bristol! :P

How's it going by the way?? Enjoying Park St and Cabots? :P
Have you got an offer??? :biggrin:

Yes I do, Conditional :biggrin: where else did you apply for?
Reply 299
Original post by beanstalkgirl_24
How's it going by the way?? Enjoying Park St and Cabots? :P

So far so good thank you! The lecturers are all great and the course is wonderful - just a shame about the upcoming exams really! Park St and Cabot are so good and I'm living in Clifton too, shame Bristol's an expensive place to live really. How's Birmingham Conservatoire!?

Quick Reply

Latest