The Student Room Group

How is everyone feeling about results? TSR poll!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by blueray
My boy Greenlantern1 made a thread about this....
But yeah who knows, work in = work out, remember smart work is best work! :biggrin:

2 people don't believe in smart work I see.
BigJuan
and anonstudent1

I negged you because you were posting the names of the people who negged you to try and stop people doing it.

And I'm not bothered if people know it was me :smile:
Reply 261
I think I'd rather the results were told to me at an undisclosed point so it was a surprise. Either a pleasant or unpleasant one. Stops all the pointless worrying.
Reply 262
Original post by The Unique Bloke
Exactly - his misfortune has put others at ease , i don't like that + alternatively if someone posts a positive comment about their results , no "well done"s just negs :colone:
But i suppose i see your point , its more fun getting screwed together

But the "well done"s will start appearing after 16th of August when you definitely know that you have done well and your hopes have been fulfilled or exceeded :tongue:.
I wouldn't 'like' anyone saying that they are 100% sure that they did well, because you simply can't know 100% unless you already have your results.
Reply 263
defo AAB but most likely AAA
I need AAB in Maths, Further Maths and Economics but I'm really unsure on how I did. Could range from A*A*A*-ABC.

I have never been so nervous in my life. I'm actually an athiest have found myself praying a couple of times. :s-smilie:
Reply 265
totally unsure ><
could go either way for me
Original post by Toppy
I think I'd rather the results were told to me at an undisclosed point so it was a surprise. Either a pleasant or unpleasant one. Stops all the pointless worrying.

That's brilliant :smile: you just get called up on a random day of the summer. I'd definitely agree to it (although mainly because it would mean I'd probably get my results earlier :rolleyes:
Preparing for the worst... Which might not actually be that bad.

I'm having second thoughts about my course choice. If I miss my grades, It'd give me the opportunity to go abroad during a gap year, and make sure I was absolutely certain with what I want to do.
Did awfully in my summer AS exams but did pretty damn well in the winter resits.
I'm hoping that:
a) This pattern can't be extrapolated
b) I wasn't overly confident during these exams
c) I did well enough to get into my first choice uni
Original post by Darkphilosopher
Did awfully in my summer AS exams but did pretty damn well in the winter resits.
I'm hoping that:
a) This pattern can't be extrapolated
b) I wasn't overly confident during these exams
c) I did well enough to get into my first choice uni

I have the exact same issue.
Reply 270
Well the feeling depends with my mood at the time. Sometimes i think i did well and should get my grade , then the other times im bricking it :biggrin:
Reply 271
Need AAA Economics Bioogy Chemistry

Would be ecstatic with A*AA Economics Biology Chemistry

Pissed with AAB Economics Biology Chemistry

Mixed emotions with A*AB Economics Biology Chemistry

Would have straight face if I get AAA Economics Biology Chemistry

Anything less than AAB I will be distraught.

Preparing for the worst though.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by . .
Need AAA Economics Bioogy Chemistry

Would be ecstatic with A*AA Economics Biology Chemistry

Pissed with AAB Economics Biology Chemistry

Mixed emotions with A*AB Economics Biology Chemistry

Would have straight face if I get AAA Economics Biology Chemistry

Anything less than AAB I will be distraught.

Preparing for the worst though.

OMG I'm doing the same subjects as you! What do u want to do at Uni! Hope u get the grades you want :wink:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 273
Original post by acer0951
OMG I'm doing the same subjects as you! What do u want to do at Uni! Hope u get the grades you want :wink:

:lol: It's a weird combination because people usually take all the sciences and maths together or essay subjects like economics and history and English together. I had a really weird timetable too because of my weird combo of subjects.
I've got an offer for Clinical sciences at bradford but if I get AAA+ I will take a year out and apply to medicine. What about you?
Original post by . .
:lol: It's a weird combination because people usually take all the sciences and maths together or essay subjects like economics and history and English together. I had a really weird timetable too because of my weird combo of subjects.
I've got an offer for Clinical sciences at bradford but if I get AAA+ I will take a year out and apply to medicine. What about you?

I would like to do medicine or maybe dentistry at Uni so I picked biology and chemistry as well as history and economics. Typically everyone said that I should pick maths for medicine but I didn't see myself enjoying it for the next 2 years!

Reply 275
Original post by acer0951
I would like to do medicine or maybe dentistry at Uni so I picked biology and chemistry as well as history and economics. Typically everyone said that I should pick maths for medicine but I didn't see myself enjoying it for the next 2 years!

Good shout. Everyone said to me to do physics as it will compliment the other two sciences which I listened to and hated it so dropped it after AS. Do what you enjoy if there's anything I've learnt over the two years it's that just because somebody is older or seems more experienced than you (goes for teachers) it doesn't mean their advice is good advice.
I know somebody that got into dentistry with Econ bio and chem so you can go down that route. And maths is not necessary for medicine that is just a lie. What's your fourth AS option if you don't mind me asking.
Reply 276
Oh I'm 100000% confident....... (sarcasm)
Need AAA - would be depressed with AAB because I would miss both offers, but anything higher would be great :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 278
As usual, could go either way... At the end of the day you never know who's marking your paper aswell.
Original post by . .
Good shout. Everyone said to me to do physics as it will compliment the other two sciences which I listened to and hated it so dropped it after AS. Do what you enjoy if there's anything I've learnt over the two years it's that just because somebody is older or seems more experienced than you (goes for teachers) it doesn't mean their advice is good advice.
I know somebody that got into dentistry with Econ bio and chem so you can go down that route. And maths is not necessary for medicine that is just a lie. What's your fourth AS option if you don't mind me asking.

Thnx for the advice :smile: and my fourth option is history and I'm quite looking forward to it! Lool and I might do Urdu A level to because I think it has something to do with ucas points....

Quick Reply

Latest