The Student Room Group

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

This poll is closed

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in Clearing26%
Take a gap year17%
Resit my exams20%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want13%
I don't know yet17%
Something else (tell us in the thread)6%
Total votes: 234
We ran a poll a few weeks ago and 42% of you said you think you've missed the grades for your university offer.

If that's you have you made a plan for what you will do if you don't get the news you're hoping for?

We've got plenty of resources that might help you feel more prepared for the big day, including:

Whatever your circumstance, we're here to help. Let us know your questions and we'll point you in the right direction.

Good luck on the 17th everyone
(edited 8 months ago)
I wanna take a gap year to do medicine as I didn't get an offer this year so I need to get at least AAA to apply but not feeling confident. if I get less than AAA maybe resit or apply to medicine with a foundation year
Original post by B7861
I wanna take a gap year to do medicine as I didn't get an offer this year so I need to get at least AAA to apply but not feeling confident. if I get less than AAA maybe resit or apply to medicine with a foundation year

Fingers crossed! Taking a gap year sounds fun :smile:
Why is 'get a job' not an option? It's the most logical choice.
(edited 8 months ago)
When this happened to me I went through clearing. I actually ended up doing a different course (Biomedical Science instead of Marine Biology). In hindsight I'm glad I didn't get into my firm because the route I ended up taking resulted in a different career path which is not only more stable but that I'm also very happy in.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Guru Jason

I’ve already got a job?
Original post by B7861
I’ve already got a job?

This just proves my point more.
Original post by Guru Jason

Wouldn't this come under taking a gap year? Unless you mean choosing to leave education forever?
Original post by Labradoodle1
Wouldn't this come under taking a gap year? Unless you mean choosing to leave education forever?

A viable option for many who don't go to uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending