The Student Room Group

The Rugby Union Society

Scroll to see replies

kingsholmmad
Just the old problem of hoping there isn't a poxy football match on at the same time. :mad:

The advantage of living in Wales is that rugby always takes priority. :smile:
There are rugby pubs everywhere though - there's a pub in Oxford who put up Wales vs. Argentina despite football's being on when only three people in the pub were watching, and I was the only one who understood the commentary (S4C).
dragon_1706

That was the advantage of living in Munster, moving away to college was a bit of a culture shock from that point of view....
The pub I work at always puts the football on. I find myself every now and again flicking one of the over TVs on just to check scores. Luckily I also work at a rugby club so no problem there.
dragon_1706

I'm gonna emigrate. All everybody round here is talking about is whether Swindon Town will win today and get promotion to League 1 ie change their status from also-ran nobodys to first-rate nobodys. AAAAAAAARRGGHH! Sod that, roll me in beer and lead me to the scrum.
Reply 1185
I'm so disappointed that Scarlet's didn't win.

Both sides played a mighty game though and it was only Leicester's (as the commentator noticed) 'dark and dirty' play that won it for them...but I speak with bias.

Anyway - let's hope that Northampton can pull a rabbit out of the hat and beat another team of dark and dirty players, Wasps.

It would be interesting though if it was a Leicester v Wasps final to see how they cope with each side playing the same 'dark and dirty' game.

Who can be the 'darkest and dirtiest' out of the two? :biggrin:
Come On You Saints!!! Try - and a nice one as well...
Reply 1187
alasdair_R
Come On You Saints!!! Try - and a nice one as well...

The Saints have to keep up the pressure against the forces of 'dark and dirty'.
Reply 1188
Bugger!
yawn
Bugger!

Fighting back well though...
And that, I suspect, is that.
Reply 1191
alasdair_R
And that, I suspect, is that.

The game's not over yet. :smile:
yawn
The game's not over yet. :smile:

Eight minutes to score two tries? Hrm....
Reply 1193
Wasps showed whos boss...the Saint's also need to stop going for people's eyes all the time as well. Cut your nails you fairies! Snoogins...
Reply 1194
One dirty dog team against another dirty dog team in the final.

It will be like a pit-bull fight. I doubt I'll even watch it.
yawn
One dirty dog team against another dirty dog team in the final.

It will be like a pit-bull fight. I doubt I'll even watch it.

Shame that final isn't going to happen before the Prem final. There'd be every chance of Leicester getting a few relevant players crocked before they (probably) faced us. You never know, Brizzle might nobble a few of them for us tomorrow night.
Still hoping for a Briz v Glaws final.
Ethereal
To a front row anything involving fast running is uber high lol.

I was a loose head prop, captain for Derbyshire and i could run 100m in 11.2 seconds.!!!!!!

They never saw in comin.
i play rugby for walsall rfc and staffs under 20,s county. play lock/8
how do i go about joinin this rugby union society
thanx
sonny
Reply 1198
go to the society thread, find us and click join. Or, just post here anyway :biggrin:
Reply 1199
Anybody see Bristol v Leicester! whoop, a victories a victory. come on Brizzle, bring on Gloucester! We might win it all yet :biggrin: :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest