The Student Room Group

Eastern European Immigration must stop?

Scroll to see replies

My opinion is just reduce immigration and population levels to sustainable ones and make sure that every immigrant that comes here speaks fluent English and has decent qualifications and isn't allowed to claim any sort of benefit/health treatment until they have settled here a certain amount of time and contributed NI and tax accordingly. I'm pretty sure that would reduce levels of immigration.. heck the minority of welfare abusers might leave too. I have nothing against immigrants personally. Heck one of my best friends is from Republic of Ireland and another close friend of mine came from Eastern Europe 10 years or so ago and is determined to do well at University and get a well paid job and live life in the U.K. Heck when I was in Year 12 I used to fancie this Polish Girl :biggrin:! Sustainability is my policy really and reducing/restricting immigration comes under that. I hope the Euro-crisis gives us a chance to get out of the Political Union with the EU and maintain free trade with the EU. Just like other European countries have done and they are doing mighty fine.
(edited 11 years ago)
Stopping non whit immigration because if culture is ridiculous.My parents come from/grew up in a big city in an East African country h is culturally very similair too the west. They both have PhDs from internationally renowned universities and were offered jobs in the UK along with many other teams of people from their country to work for a large organization. All my family living in their home country are very westernised, as is the large majority of the population, partly due to colonisation, TV, etc.They don't know the ins and outs of British pop culture, just doctor who and top gear, which is no different from the Americans. The only difference is, they tend to have much stronger Christian values, which I guess is harmful to British culture because it is /totally/ an atheist country./sarcasm. Anyway, even if you still think they shouldn't be here, what about African Americans, black Polish, black French?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
All these eastern Europeans - where are they coming from?
Original post by Llamageddon
All these eastern Europeans - where are they coming from?

Eastern Europe.-_-

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 44
Alot of people on this thread seem to have difficulty in understanding the concept of a free market.
Reply 45
The level of *****stry is quite high in here.
Original post by Sovix
I am from eastern europe myself, ive been in UK for the last 10 years, and i still hate all the immigrations in the UK.

The main reason why eastern european immigration is not blocked... well.... because of the money.. Eeverything is about the money...

Why don't you go back then you can complain about your fellow Eastern Europeans.

Hypocrite.
Not sure if OP is serious - but since living in east London I've lived with Lithuanians, Hungarians and someone from Bulgaria and they often have friends over so there have been Russians, Latvians etc.

I dunno what it is, it must be a part of their culture, but I'm forever trying to convince them that we shouldn't ban the burka, kick out all foreign people and put the death penalty back in place. I think it's very bizarre when immigrants are here and complaining about immigrants, but in my experience, it happens all the time. :s-smilie:
For the record, all the aforementioned east european immigrants seem to work hard and I welcome them here.
I am British (English) and I work full time the amount of Eastern Europeans I see who are desperate for jobs is ridiculous.
England is only an island their countries are bigger. They also say their here to work yet they have babies here and try to fit in as white English people but as soon as they open their mouth you can hear the accent. They are taking over and soon they will be managers and have higher positions and push us all out of work it's just a matter of time now. they act humble coz they are at the bottom but they work together and not forgetting they have blue eyes and blonde hair so they fit in as English people. They need to allow educated ones in instead.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Sovix
Hmmm firstly im not from poland, secondly im british citizen with british passport. So i can do what ever the hell i want :smile: First know the facts, before you actually speak. Idiot.

Got a taste of your own medicine loooooool
Reply 51
Polish, Slovak and Lithuanians, GO **** OFF TO YOUR COUNTRIES, We had enough of you, you invaded our homes, town and villages like rats.
YOU ARE TAKING OVER OUR COUNTRY
Original post by Formerly Helpful_C
No, we need to stop non-white immigration. The rest is minimal in comparison.

Really? Immigration from outside the EU is currently capped, and there no unskilled immigration at all from there!
Original post by Amanda7899

They also say their here to work yet they have babies here and try to fit in as white English people but as soon as they open their mouth you can hear the accent.

So- to make things clear- you are complaining that they assimilate?
Yes, that's the horror!

They are taking over and soon they will be managers and have higher positions and push us all out of work it's just a matter of time now.

if they are better at their job that their local counterparts than yes they will become managers.

they act humble coz they are at the bottom but they work together

you clearly have no idea about the immigrants.

Original post by ROUGH
Polish, Slovak and Lithuanians, GO **** OFF TO YOUR COUNTRIES, We had enough of you, you invaded our homes, town and villages like rats.
YOU ARE TAKING OVER OUR COUNTRY

Someone has to work so you could still claim nice benefits; and maybe if (many, not all obviously) would improve their work ethics the employer wouldn't have to employ the people from outside UK.

Original post by SmallDuck
Really? Immigration from outside the EU is currently capped, and there no unskilled immigration at all from there!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/11209234/Immigration-from-outside-Europe-cost-120-billion.html
"(..)
The major academic study also found, however, that recent immigration from Europe driven by the surge in arrivals from eastern European gave the economy a £4.4 billion boost over the same period.(..)

(..)The report analysed figures from 1995 to 2011, during most of which the Labour government was pursuing vigorously pro-immigration policies.

It found that migrants from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) made a negative contribution to the public purse of £117.9 billion because they consumed more in public expenditure including NHS costs, welfare hand-outs and education than they contributed in taxes(..)"

So- even unskilled immigration benefits UK. You know, you could always look at the levels of unemployment amongst EU and non-EU immigrants (as well as UK nationals) :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
we need more eastern european migration in the uk because otherwise the economy would collapse because british people dont like to work hard.
Reply 55
I'm here raising your schools' grade averages and my parents are here providing the services you xenophobes want but are rarely willing to respect/provide. I guess immigration should be controlled to an extent, but it won't stop and you'll have to deal with it.
I guess its payback for all the terror you bring to other countries. Sucking the blood out of India, Nepal, phillipines, vietnam and many other African countries. What makes you think that England will survive without the immigrants? all you have is pork and potatoes pfft.
Original post by zleopard
I guess its payback for all the terror you bring to other countries. Sucking the blood out of India, Nepal, phillipines, vietnam and many other African countries. What makes you think that England will survive without the immigrants? all you have is pork and potatoes pfft.

lol What's Britain got to do with the Philippines and Vietnam? Those weren't even British colonies.
Original post by KimKallstrom
lol What's Britain got to do with the Philippines and Vietnam? Those weren't even British colonies.

No they were American colonies but I'm responding to your overall 'white supremacy' attitude
Who'd do all the low paid jobs if we suddenly stopped Eastern European migration.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending