The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i absolutely fucking despise driving tests because they are so damn expensive and the examiners will look for the slightest thing to fail you on

its really pathetic and the fact that its expensive also mounts to the pressure
its not fair :frown: but then again we are all in the same boat
Reply 2
DazYa
i absolutely fucking despise driving tests because they are so damn expensive and the examiners will look for the slightest thing to fail you on

its really pathetic and the fact that its expensive also mounts to the pressure
its not fair :frown: but then again we are all in the same boat

yeah i know, have u failed....????! many times??!
I know u get failed on the stupidist things
Keep a running dialogue going on everything that you are doing, if you go wrong on a manovour just say that you went wrong and are going to start again. Good luck...
Reply 4
kita
Okies, i know there are tons of threads on this, but i am SO SO SO scared about my driving test. Its on friday at 9.37. I know ive got to act confident and everything like that but im so scared! Anyone got any tips....???!!

Try buying a bottle of Rescue Remedie or Kalms, it should calm you down so you can concentrate on driving rather than the nerves.

I failed 4 times before I finally passed, my dad must've forked out about £300 on tests just for me!

Good luck btw
kita
Okies, i know there are tons of threads on this, but i am SO SO SO scared about my driving test. Its on friday at 9.37. I know ive got to act confident and everything like that but im so scared! Anyone got any tips....???!!

best advice i could give would be is try not to get to worried about it. At the end of the day you can just resit it - it's not nearly as important as an a level.

It's true one thing could come out of the blue and screw you over. But if you realise it's just like that for everyone and can stay calm you should maximise your chance of passing.

Try and look at it as you've got nothing to lose.
Reply 6
Ask your instructor what your main weak points are and work on them before the test. Practise makes perfect.

The important thing to remember is that most people don't pass first time, so if you don't pass it doesn't matter. Don't compare your driving to other people's - just try your best and try not to panic.

Listen to a really good song that makes you happy just before you leave the house. Dance around to it to get your frustration out! It worked for me!
Reply 7
Even if you do make a mistake early on, or you think you do, don't just give up after that. You have to go through the rest of the test anyway, so keep trying. I thought I did a major about 2mins in, and wanted to just get out of the car and leave, but it turned out it was only a minor and I passed! Good luck for Friday!
Reply 8
aghhhhhhhhhhh
ive got mine at 2.30 today insturctore is pickin me up in 45 mins a
aghhhhhhhhhhhhhh
so so so so bloody scared
barbiegirl
aghhhhhhhhhhh
ive got mine at 2.30 today insturctore is pickin me up in 45 mins a
aghhhhhhhhhhhhhh
so so so so bloody scared

relax what's the worst which could happen?
Reply 10
Trousers

Listen to a really good song that makes you happy just before you leave the house. Dance around to it to get your frustration out! It worked for me!

yup ive just had cd player on vvvvv loyd whilst punching my punch bag!!!!!!!!!!! vvvvv fun
Reply 11
iiikewldude
relax what's the worst which could happen?

dunno but scared ill do summin stupid or really bad...scared bout having a starnger in the car!!!!!!!!!! plus im not v confuident and get v nervous when drivin!!!!!!!!
barbiegirl
dunno but scared ill do summin stupid or really bad...scared bout having a starnger in the car!!!!!!!!!! plus im not v confuident and get v nervous when drivin!!!!!!!!

It's true one mistake and you could fail. But its like that for everyone. It's just the way they are and. If you can come to terms about possibly failing and can stay calm i think you will have the best chance of passing.
Reply 13
iiikewldude
It's true one mistake and you could fail. But its like that for everyone. It's just the way they are and. If you can come to terms about possibly failing and can stay calm i think you will have the best chance of passing.

yeah ill think ill fail to be honest
Reply 14
barbiegirl

Good luck, just take your time and try not to worry. I was so convinced I'd failed pulling out of the car park on mine I drove perfectly the rest of the way round (appart from reversing into a parking space, but he said the rest of it had been fine and I never had to reverse into one again if I didn't want to) and ended up passing, the fact that I thought I'd failed really helped.
Reply 15
Best of luck, don't worry too much. I was really really crap the hour before my test, but that got all the bad stuff out of my system, so I passed.
If something doesn't go spot on early on, do not think oh thats it I have failed, because not necesarily. I had wrong lane within first couple of minutes, but corrected it when possible, so little things don't mean a fail. Don't Stress!!!! That is really the worst thing you can do.
Reply 16
how much does it cost to take a driving test? or even a theory?
Reply 17
kita

I was really, really nervous before mine and was shaking like a leaf but once you get started you just get on with it. Also, it goes really quick- before you know it it'll all be over, mine only lasted 30 mins so it's shorter than a driving lesson. Good luck :smile:
Reply 18
The fees are listed on the DSA site here. Nasty expensive things.

http://www.dsa.gov.uk/driving/testfees.htm
kita
yeah i know, have u failed....????! many times??!
I know u get failed on the stupidist things

i have failed 3 times but i kind of have an excuse that will seem pathetic and lame to most of you: my driving instructor slacked and only wanted money and was not teaching me

i now have a new driving instructor and a test that is booked

Latest

Trending

Trending