The Student Room Group

Which route is better to go down....international relations or Physiotherapy?

I have been back to college and enquired about access courses that will lead me into either degree. But now I have to decide ASAP which one to pick while they still have places available for the courses.

Which in your opinion, do you think will lead me to the best possible career?

I have interest in both, but I'm more swayed by Physiotherapy. It's kind of like 55/45 in favour of Physiotherapy at the moment. I am still deciding, but need to pick the course ASAP next week.

Any advice?
Reply 1
International Relations :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by TGTX
International Relations :smile:

Can you elaborate on why I.R?
Reply 3
I feel that there are more options for International Relations graduates as opposed to Physiotherapy graduates.
Physiotherapy. You will actually have a degree that will make you employable.
Everyone does international relations these days..
Reply 5
Physiotherapy. Extremely competitive to get into uni but once youve graduated as long as you are good its easy to get a stable job with a good salary, good progression opportunities and there are soo many different jobs that you can get into and still be a physiotherapist
Reply 6
Original post by ben-1993
Physiotherapy. Extremely competitive to get into uni but once youve graduated as long as you are good its easy to get a stable job with a good salary, good progression opportunities and there are soo many different jobs that you can get into and still be a physiotherapist

I heard it's really competitive, but I left college 2 years ago, and I need to go back to college now to study an access course. But I don't want to waste time on an access course if I don't get into the degree course. International relations is a little less competitive than PT, but do you think I should still do it if it's what I want?
Reply 7
Physiotherapy.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 8
Original post by TheEnigmaUK
I heard it's really competitive, but I left college 2 years ago, and I need to go back to college now to study an access course. But I don't want to waste time on an access course if I don't get into the degree course. International relations is a little less competitive than PT, but do you think I should still do it if it's what I want?

Yeah it really is competitive, were talking above 20 applications per university, the more popular ones are above 30! To put that in perspective LSE *only* gets 14 applications per place for Economics

From what I've heard once you have the access course qualification you have a much higher chance of getting on a degree course because you have so much more experience than someone coming from straight A levels. I don't know the actual statistics but its worth looking them up before you make any decisions.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by ben-1993
Yeah it really is competitive, were talking above 20 applications per university, the more popular ones are above 30! To put that in perspective LSE *only* gets 14 applications per place for Economics

From what I've heard once you have the access course qualification you have a much higher chance of getting on a degree course because you have so much more experience than someone coming from straight A levels. I don't know the actual statistics but its worth looking them up before you make any decisions.

Yeah, I have a book that gives advice on how to get onto a Physiotherapy course. It contains pretty much all the info you need to know before applying. My only worry, is that I go on an access course and then don't get accepted onto a Physio course. Because then that'll mean I've pretty much wasted that year studying for nothing, you know? But I also need to do something ASAP, otherwise places could be full on the access course.
Well you certainly won't get accepted on a Physio course if you dither for any longer and don't get on the access course.

You have spent months going in circles and getting nowhere. Make a decision and follow it through.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending