The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Here we go again :')

Perhaps someone quote all of the main contributors from the other thread?
Reply 2
KD is gonna run the NBA this season
Original post by KD35
KD is gonna run the NBA this season

Take it you support OKC? They're probs my favourite team in the West :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by brighteyes1994
Here we go again :')

Perhaps someone quote all of the main contributors from the other thread?

That's long, they'll all find us here anyway. :sigh:

I'm thinking of writing a post with all my predictions. Will post it soon.
Reply 5
These are my (fairly) detailed predictions. Let me know what you all think:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 6
This is what I am thinking at the mo

East
1. Miami
2. Boston
3. Pacers
4. Knicks
5. Nets
6. Philly
7. Hawks
8. Raptors

Really hard to pick the bottom end I think Bulls might bottom out this year without Rose, on one hand Hawks look bad but really all they have done is switch Johnson for Williams which isn't a bad move, Bucks can be on the bubble for the playoffs and Wizards too

West
1. Thunder
2. Lakers
3. Spurs
4. Clippers
5. Grizzlies
6. T-Wolves
7. Nuggets
8. Kings

Hard to pick an 8 seed again between Dallas, Kings (hoping for a Boogie Cousins breakout year) and maybe Warriors if Steph Curry can stay healthy
Reply 7
Take it you support OKC? They're probs my favourite team in the West :smile:

Sort of, I wanted them to win last seasons play offs, I didn't really like the heat lol.

I like San Antonio too, they're so multicultural, I wish I could be around that group of people, plus they have some bad ass veterans and they're not mugs either, all good ballers.

and from the east I like Boston
Reply 8
Original post by alexsong
This is what I am thinking at the mo

East
1. Miami
2. Boston
3. Pacers
4. Knicks
5. Nets
6. Philly
7. Hawks
8. Raptors

Really hard to pick the bottom end I think Bulls might bottom out this year without Rose, on one hand Hawks look bad but really all they have done is switch Johnson for Williams which isn't a bad move, Bucks can be on the bubble for the playoffs and Wizards too

West
1. Thunder
2. Lakers
3. Spurs
4. Clippers
5. Grizzlies
6. T-Wolves
7. Nuggets
8. Kings

Hard to pick an 8 seed again between Dallas, Kings (hoping for a Boogie Cousins breakout year) and maybe Warriors if Steph Curry can stay healthy

Spurs #3? interesting
Original post by KD35

and from the east I like Boston

I'm a Celtics fan, good choice :wink:
Reply 10
I'm a Celtics fan, good choice :wink:

such a good unit, long live Rondoooooooooooo. Have they signed anyone this season?
Original post by KD35
such a good unit, long live Rondoooooooooooo. Have they signed anyone this season?

Yeah - it's kinda a new look roster I suppose, in some ways.

Kept the core of Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Rajon Rondo, but Ray Allen signed with the Heat.

Signed Courtney Lee and Jason Terry to complete the back court plus make it more stable while Avery Bradley recovers from shoulder surgeries.

Starting lineup once all players are available:

PG: Rondo
SG: Avery Bradley
SF: Paul Pierce
PF: Brandon Bass
C: Kevin Garnett

Although KG doesn't love playing C I'm pretty sure he'll be handling center for the whole year now as it was a massive improvement...

I'll have to think about my predictions and post some other time, but I think the C's will have a better year this year than they did last year and hopefully the ECF will be them and the Heat again.
Reply 12
Yeah - it's kinda a new look roster I suppose, in some ways.

Kept the core of Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Rajon Rondo, but Ray Allen signed with the Heat.

Signed Courtney Lee and Jason Terry to complete the back court plus make it more stable while Avery Bradley recovers from shoulder surgeries.

Starting lineup once all players are available:

PG: Rondo
SG: Avery Bradley
SF: Paul Pierce
PF: Brandon Bass
C: Kevin Garnett

Although KG doesn't love playing C I'm pretty sure he'll be handling center for the whole year now as it was a massive improvement...

I'll have to think about my predictions and post some other time, but I think the C's will have a better year this year than they did last year and hopefully the ECF will be them and the Heat again.

Is Avery Bradley any good? I haven't really seen him play at all

I think Ray was starting to struggle tbh, he hasn't got much left in him.. Glad Garnett stayed, such a boss
Original post by KD35
Is Avery Bradley any good? I haven't really seen him play at all

I think Ray was starting to struggle tbh, he hasn't got much left in him.. Glad Garnett stayed, such a boss

Yeah, he's good - he's an absolutely amazing defender so he fits into the Doc system well and although people say he can't shoot he's shown a vast improvement there this season, hence Doc benched Ray in favour of Avery :smile:

Ray is a clutch shooter, but he needs plays to be set up for him which isn't what the Celts need - I think he'll do good on the Heat though :smile: but yeah, he's definitely slowing down!
Can't wait for the season to start! Been rooting for the Lakers since 07. I'm liking the little differences they've made this offseason, such as signing Jodie Meeks and Jamison. Chris Duhon is a good defensive PG and may prove useful. Getting rid of Mc'roberts was a good move too. Now they have depth, all they need is chemistry, and that will come with playing togethor.

It's gonna be hard to get past the Thunder, it's gonna take more than Dwight and Metta to stop Westbrook and Durant. What do people think, will Lebron still be better than KD this year?
Original post by KD35
Spurs #3? interesting

Would you have them 2nd or 4th? :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Ridingmyego
Would you have them 2nd or 4th? :smile:

#1 or #2. They're still better than the Lakers lol
Reply 17
Original post by KD35

They could be 2 seed but I dont see them above the Thunder
Original post by KD35

According to you ;D

Right now, I'd agree, but when it comes to christmas the Lakers will have chemistry. I think they have more depth and a more talented starting five than the Spurs.
Hopefully D-Rose is back in full strength!

Latest