The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Lol at how Torres is getting legend status besides not being that good a player any more at Atlético.

He knows how to score at the right moments for sure and was actually a beast in europe for Chelsea coming to think of it. If you extrapolated his european record for Chelsea in the league you have a 15-20 goal a season striker in the league. It's not even like he just scored against rubbish teams either, scored vs Barcelona, Atlético, scored opener in europa league final. Scored vs Bayern in super cup.

May as well smack down a tenner on Torres to score any time vs Real Madrid.
Original post by jam277
Lol at how Torres is getting legend status besides not being that good a player any more at Atlético.

He knows how to score at the right moments for sure and was actually a beast in europe for Chelsea coming to think of it. If you extrapolated his european record for Chelsea in the league you have a 15-20 goal a season striker in the league. It's not even like he just scored against rubbish teams either, scored vs Barcelona, Atlético, scored opener in europa league final. Scored vs Bayern in super cup.

May as well smack down a tenner on Torres to score any time vs Real Madrid.

He was borderline prolific during that season in the CL for you. He definitely knows how to net in a big game, though.

Goals at the Emirates against Arsenal, Old Trafford against United (albeit shadowed by that open-goal miss later in the same fixture), Nou Camp, Europa League final, Super Cup show that.

He never did it at Anfield - but he came close. He hit the crossbar during the match we won 4-1 post-FA Cup Final in 2012, and he set up your second last year after Ba's opener.
Original post by Mackay
He was borderline prolific during that season in the CL for you. He definitely knows how to net in a big game, though.

Goals at the Emirates against Arsenal, Old Trafford against United (albeit shadowed by that open-goal miss later in the same fixture), Nou Camp, Europa League final, Super Cup show that.

He never did it at Anfield - but he came close. He hit the crossbar during the match we won 4-1 post-FA Cup Final in 2012, and he set up your second last year after Ba's opener.

He should have scored that second goal himself at Anfield yet he was happy to give the goal to someone else. I don't think he wanted to be the one to rub salt into the wounds

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aky786UK
He should have scored that second goal himself at Anfield yet he was happy to give the goal to someone else. I don't think he wanted to be the one to rub salt into the wounds

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unsure he had the confidence to do what he did at the Nou Camp against his former club tbh.
La Liga games taken off Sky Sports 5 to make way for the crappy has-been MLS :angry: Hopefully La Liga will still be available on the red button.

First El Clásico I'll be able to watch live for a while as it's on Sunday night :excited:
Atléti score two goals from set pieces again. Now scored more goals from set pieces than open play. 24 goals from set pieces is ridiculous.

Only scored 1 goal from the counter attack as well. Even though their team isn't the fastest you'd expect them to be doing better than that, considering how they're seen as a counter attacking team.
Torres. Again.
Original post by Mackay
Torres. Again.

Only his 4th goal in 16 games. :dontknow:

Valencia are so :coma: atm though. Paco has so much potential its crazy.
Original post by CB91
Only his 4th goal in 16 games. :dontknow:

Valencia are so :coma: atm though. Paco has so much potential its crazy.

First La Liga goal for 8 years, though. Guy's breaking ducks all over the shop.
Classico coming up soon, can't wait!!

Busquets may make it back today but I think Mascherano will start and needs to be on top of his game.

Ramos and Pepe up against Suarez will be tasty and I think Isco could Real's trump card.
FT: Barcelona 2-1 Real Madrid.

Barca four points clear.
Who will real get to replace ancelotti? There running out of world class managers
Classico never fails to dissapoint
I really had a feeling Neymar's miss in the first-half would be a crucial turning point, but it didn't turn out to be so. Fantastic result once again for Barcelona, who it seemed at times were playing slightly within themselves. Great, as a Liverpool fan, to see Suarez net the decisive goal. I've had such a bad weekend in terms of results, it was nice to end it with a slight positive really.
Neymar you have been forgiven by many Barca fans! Barca look tired during the game (midweek match) but 3 points was the most important thing tonight......

Ancelotti out? :P
Don't think he is such a bad manager really, look how they annhilated Bayern last Champions League season and lifted the trophy
Well when he has to shoehorn Bale, Benzema, Ronaldo, James, Modric and Kroos all into the team of course he's gonna have issues.
Meanwhile, Sociedad are up to 9th.

David Moyes = football genius.
qua do we think Rafa is the next Madrid manager?

And Luisito, jizzz
Original post by jit987

Ancelotti out? :P

Not even a CL win will save his job, which is a damning indictment on the way that club is run.

Latest