The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

One way traffic at the Calderón after the sending off of Fazio. 3-0 Atleti and Falcao has ended his 4 games no goal drought and scored his 50th goal in his Atleti career. :love: Second half going to begin on Sky Sports in a minute.
Original post by ra-ra-ra
One way traffic at the Calderón after the sending off of Fazio. 3-0 Atleti and Falcao has ended his 4 games no goal drought and scored his 50th goal in his Atleti career. :love: Second half going to begin on Sky Sports in a minute.

Koke has mad tekkers. Great finish.
Original post by ra-ra-ra

Shame I missed the majority of this, I'll definitely have to start following Atletico in more depth from hereon in. They'll be opening up a gap on Real Madrid now, won't they?

Barcelona are on in twenty minutes so I'll definitely watch that game.
3 sendings off for Sevilla by the end. Strange reversal on last weekend for them and Betis.
Original post by The Baron
Koke has mad tekkers. Great finish.

Under Simeone Koke has looked very good. Well, the whole of Atleti has improved but this guy especially. I've become quite a fan of him. He seems to fit perfectly in the midfield for them and not a bad little tackler too. Nabbed himself a couple of assists and a nice goal from him tonight. Still only 20 too. Hopefully he'll continue to improve.

Original post by KingMessi
Shame I missed the majority of this, I'll definitely have to start following Atletico in more depth from hereon in. They'll be opening up a gap on Real Madrid now, won't they?

Barcelona are on in twenty minutes so I'll definitely watch that game.

First half was better than the second, the way the first was going i expected there to be more goals in the 2nd for Atleti. Kinda nice to see Atleti doing well and gaining a few more followers. Since they got promoted in 02 and then falling (stupidly) in love with Torres at the Under 19 championships i decided to keep a close eye out for him in 03/04 and i've seemed to have adopted them as "my" team in Spain since. It just good to see they've got a decent manager who knows what he is doing, can make them work as a team and sorted that back four out, who for a few seasons were just so woeful. It's good to see a noisy Calderón too and the fans not on the backs of them all. I have to say I’m thoroughly enjoying Atelti under Simeone.
To do what Levante wanted to do, you have to be so disciplined, and you have to maintain concentration for the whole 90, particularly when you lack pace at the back like Levante. Two excellent assists from Iniesta as well.
Levante are being dismantled now. Barcelona are looking so menacing this season.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Andres Iniesta has just made 3 assists and scored 1 goal vs Levante... in just 20 minutes.
He's clearly not human.
Victor Valdes clearly wants a clean sheet badly. Put the team on your back Valdes!
Once Montoya came on for Alves in the 13th minute, the whole Barcelona team on the pitch was from La Masia. :excited:
Original post by CB91
Once Montoya came on for Alves in the 13th minute, the whole Barcelona team on the pitch was from La Masia. :excited:

Very impressive. Ridiculous the players that played for barca today which can whip almost any team in the world can all come from the youth squad. :clap:

Still don't believe that the league is over. This is a reverse of last season and barca still got back into it around april.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by jam277
Very impressive. Ridiculous the players that played for barca today which can whip almost any team in the world can all come from the youth squad. :clap:

Still don't believe that the league is over. This is a reverse of last season and barca still got back into it around april.

It's not over, that's for sure, though generally the trailing team in this circumstance will go on an amazing run but fall short in the end.

Giving up the league and "concentrating" on the CL isn't an option for Mourinho imo. As a knockout tournament, the CL is much trickier than the league. One flukey off game, or a terrible refereeing performance could throw you out, so it's never really in your hands. The league is a much "safer" trophy to count on, in this sense.
Original post by CB91

Jordi Alba? :confused: Or am I just being dense?
Original post by justinawe
It's not over, that's for sure, though generally the trailing team in this circumstance will go on an amazing run but fall short in the end.

Giving up the league and "concentrating" on the CL isn't an option for Mourinho imo. As a knockout tournament, the CL is much trickier than the league. One flukey off game, or a terrible refereeing performance could throw you out, so it's never really in your hands. The league is a much "safer" trophy to count on, in this sense.

Agree and disagree, there have been instances were the trailing team falls short, barca last year, chelsea two years ago. However there are cases like man united in 09 and dortmund last year where it's worked out for them so he has to persist, also a manager with mourinhos pedigree wouldn't accept 3rd place with the team that he has.

But yeah concentrating on the CL isn't an option. It worked for my team last season but tbh we were a thomas muller goal and a robben penalty away from starting in the europa league this season, at the same time there was no choice as we were out of top 4 and we knew it.

In the case of madrid, they can still win the league and have something to play for while there's a long way away in the season to put the eggs in one basket. Maybe if this was the case(10 point gap in march/april) and madrid got to the semi finals of the CL then I'd put my eggs in the CL basket even though that's risky.
Reply 834

He's from La Masia as well, but was let go by Barca. :yep:

Came from la masia. Left barca for valencia when he was 17/18 if I'm not mistaken. Hence the whole DNA thing they churp on about at barcelona.

Left Barca for Valencia at 16.
Original post by Abiraleft
He's from La Masia as well, but was let go by Barca. :yep:

Original post by jam277
Came from la masia. Left barca for valencia when he was 17/18 if I'm not mistaken. Hence the whole DNA thing they churp on about at barcelona.

Original post by Kevmeister
Left Barca for Valencia at 16.

Nice prompt response, guys. :congrats: :tongue: I thought that might be the case but wanted to make sure.

Barcelona certainly like letting players go and then buying them back, don't they? Fabregas, Pique, Alba...no doubt Romeu will return at some stage.
Nice prompt response, guys. :congrats: :tongue: I thought that might be the case but wanted to make sure.

Barcelona certainly like letting players go and then buying them back, don't they? Fabregas, Pique, Alba...no doubt Romeu will return at some stage.

I hope not :tongue:. Although I wouldn't mind mascherano, maybe a swap deal since rafa's back haha.

But yeah, tbh that's what barca do with their 'loans.' Surprised they didn't go for someone like botia when they needed a centre back, guess that was basically guardiola needing to fit mascherano into the team and milito being absolute turd while not realizing that abidal would be so unfortunate to get another tumour.

Jordi Alba is from La Masia as well.

Edit: I see I was already beaten. :p:
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest