The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zayn is Bae
Startling line up (there's 9 marks there)

He scored an away goal at the Nou Camp and played the assist at the Allianz for Griezmann to score, therefore was pivotal in them reaching the final

Plus he's scored 10 in his last 16 so dfbi

That was intended, it's startling that he's still in the line up

Scored and then was sent off, costing his team the game
Original post by difeo
That was intended, it's startling that he's still in the line up

Scored and then was sent off, costing his team the game

That sounds familiar
Original post by Zayn is Bae
That sounds familiar

LOL
What an end to the Liga season.

Rayo and Getafe join Levante to the Segunda. Rayo will be missed from the top flight with their fearless style of play. Getafe could well go into liquidation, they lack an identity.
Go on Gijon! Great second goal.
Luis Suarez what a beast.
Intrigued to see Sevilla up close on Wednesday. They are a remarkable case study for any football club, to be honest.

They realise, that at their best, they can come 4th in La Liga. So they pour their efforts into creating memories for their fans - the Copa del Rey, multiple Europa League finals etc.
Reply 9667
Original post by sell my secrets
yh and stats aren't the most important thing either (Messi 14-15>12-13 eg) but Suarez always goat

12-13 Messi declined due to injury and overuse, he was fantastic in the first half of the season(he was scoring braces and hattricks weekly at one point as well as getting goals consecutively in 21 appearances) but people usually hold the second half of the season to more importance. He got injured at a key moment(PSG game) and then faced Bayern Munich completely unfit.

Messi wasn't at his best for the first half of 14/15, he went into beast mode at the right time of the season.

I don't know, but it seems to me that the second half of the season gets factored more into player performance than the first half. I guess CL games being more important is probably why this is the case for Messi.
(edited 7 years ago)
Messi is a fraud.
Original post by Mackay
Intrigued to see Sevilla up close on Wednesday. They are a remarkable case study for any football club, to be honest.

They realise, that at their best, they can come 4th in La Liga. So they pour their efforts into creating memories for their fans - the Copa del Rey, multiple Europa League finals etc.

Do you think that is the case? Seems to me their model is the buy great talent on the cheap and give them a platform to develop but also showcase their abilities to then achieve a bigger career move (while netting Sevilla some handsome transfer fees). It just happens to be the case that they've had cup success at the same point?
Original post by James.Carnell
Messi is a fraud.

Explain
Original post by Malevolent
Explain

Doesn't have aerial threat on FIFA = Not a complete Forward.
How did Torres not make the provisional squad? Yet Bartra makes it :s
Dont know why Costa not being included was such as surprise.

Hardly set the game alight when playing for Spain and only just started to hit form after a poor season.
Original post by Zerforax
Do you think that is the case? Seems to me their model is the buy great talent on the cheap and give them a platform to develop but also showcase their abilities to then achieve a bigger career move (while netting Sevilla some handsome transfer fees). It just happens to be the case that they've had cup success at the same point?

They clearly go for broke in the EL, is what I mean.

You're completely right about the model - but Emery seems to know, and the whole club seems to know, that financial gain means nothing without success, trophies and those moments where you deliver iconic images for your fans.
Original post by Rk2k14
Dont know why Costa not being included was such as surprise.

Hardly set the game alight when playing for Spain and only just started to hit form after a poor season.

Bartra is fortunate to be there, as is Iker. Torres should have made the cut imo but the blend of strikers they have selected is good. Aduriz has had a great season and his aerial ability is what sets him apart from the others. I thought Paco Alcacer was going to make but his form has dropped.

San Jose in midfield will help to cover defense if injuries pile up. All round decent squad selection and Spain are amongst the top three to win this Euro.
Original post by Icecream1
Bartra is fortunate to be there, as is Iker. Torres should have made the cut imo but the blend of strikers they have selected is good. Aduriz has had a great season and his aerial ability is what sets him apart from the others. I thought Paco Alcacer was going to make but his form has dropped.

San Jose in midfield will help to cover defense if injuries pile up. All round decent squad selection and Spain are amongst the top three to win this Euro.

Wouldnt it be amazing if Wales ended up playing portugal...and Bale beat portugal. Can just imagine Ronaldo in the background with hes head down, as bale celebrates with Joe Allen.:beard:
Original post by lordoftheties
Wouldnt it be amazing if Wales ended up playing portugal...and Bale beat portugal. Can just imagine Ronaldo in the background with hes head down, as bale celebrates with Joe Allen.:beard:

ohhhh tasty..... Both teams will be dangerous.

I think this Euro can be won by one of the "dark horses"- Belgium and Croatia look decent.
Spanish League dominance. Who gonna stop em.
Well it seems only Sevilla can stop Sevilla from winning the Europa. They just have to not finish 3rd in their CL group

Latest