The Student Room Group

Universities you loved but didn't go to :D

Parodying the other thread...

I looked around Birmingham Edgbaston campus and loved the place. Ended up getting an offer from a uni I simply couldn't turn down but I will always have a soft spot for Birmingham.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Meat is Murder
I looked around Birmingham Edgbaston campus and loved the place. Ended up getting an offer from a uni I simply couldn't turn down but I will always have a soft spot for Birmingham.

Horse's head in the bed deal was it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Catania
Reply 2
Nottingham, but it didn't do the course I wanted sadly.
I loved the University of Liverpool but I am going to starting at the University of Edinburgh which I love even more!
I thought UCL was absolutely amazing, and there was a really friendly atmosphere during my interview from both fellow applicants, current students and the interviewers themselves :love:
Reply 5
University of Edinburgh but I just couldn't afford to live in the city for four years but urgh I love it so much. And Leeds...although that was less of didn't go to and more of got rejected.
Reply 6
Plymouth. I chickened out and wanted to stay closer to home for my then-boyfriend who turned out to be an idiot. Tbh, I really do regret not going there - I was just stupid and niave! Live and learn, :smile:
Reply 7
Nottingham, I loved the campus, city, the colleges and the overall feel of the university, but the course and department wasn't quite right for me, so I chose Sheffield instead
I really loved Lancaster when I went to visit there, and the course I applied for I felt was perfect for me. But them results day came and they rejected their offer because I something like 5 marks off. Ended up going Northampton, which was one of the best decisions of my life. So I thank you Lancaster :smile:
Reply 9
KCL. Absolutely loved the place and location. Just a shame they don't do Economics. They not offer International Political Economy, with an Economics pathway, but it's still not 100% the same. I did for some time consider doing Maths with Finance or Business Management, in which case I'd definitely have applied, but unfortunately ended up opting for Economics and so couldn't apply.
Reply 10
Plymouth (rejected me :frown:) and always loved Oxford (never applied, but visited sister who went).
plymouth i loved and was going to go to... but then i changed my mind last min...
and york visited a friend and fell in love...

part of me also loves leeds uni ... i went to leeds met which i also loved but leeds uni was just a bit prettier.... (im a sucker for a pretty building...)

x
Reply 12
Hogwarts :colondollar::pinch:
Original post by Claire888
Nottingham, I loved the campus, city, the colleges and the overall feel of the university, but the course and department wasn't quite right for me, so I chose Sheffield instead

Exactly the same for me lol :biggrin:

Nottingham campus is amazing.

But I chose Sheffield on a whim and Im very happy here :smile:
Leeds- stunning campus, amazing city but couldn't get the grades they asked for in the end and now I'm very happy at UEA.
Sheffield, I absolutely fell in love with the city and the university (University of Sheffield) but it was too far away for me to go to uni. It would of been about 3 and a half hours on a train and I'm such a home girl I couldn't of coped with it. I loved the old buildings and how the campus goes under the road, and the students union and all the cafe's. It was my first uni open day so it was really exciting. Also Endcliffe Village - Wow! I can't help but feel I'd have had a much better student experience if I'd gone to Sheffield!

University of Manchester - got an offer but rejected it because I didn't want to do a joint programme which is what they offered me. I absolutely love the Oxford Road campus though.

Swansea University - been visiting Swansea since I was a child and loved the uni, the library was amazing! But that was too far away as well, can't be doing with a 7 hour train journey.
Reply 16
Oxford.

You all know why I didn't go :emo:
Glasgow. It was a toss up between it and York what I'd put on my insurance as they were both incredible. Put York, ended up there, and loved every minute of it, but I think I would have been equally happy at Glasgow.
Reply 18
Birmingham campus was nice just the city around it sucked a bit.

I loved swansea and glamorgan universities too.
Reply 19
I loved University of East Anglia, everything from the people, the facilities and the area but unfortunately it was too far from home.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending