The Student Room Group

This may sound really stupid..

But I'm thinking about applying for a weekend job in a petrol station shop. The thing is though I've never done anything like that before (applied for jobs, etc). I was offered a job before but that didn't involve any applying or phoning up. I get really nervous on the phone to people I don't know and I don't have a clue what to say so does anyone have any advice on the whole matter because I need all I can get at the moment :p: . Thanks :smile: .
Reply 1
Wow. Thanks. :|
Reply 2
Start off with something like, "Hi, I saw a job advertised in X (ie newspaper, window, website) for a Y, and I'm intereested in the position."

They'll probs ask your name, age, if you've got any experience, what hours you're available if it isn't specifically stated, that kind of thing. So maybe have a copy of your CV in front of you!

You#re always more confident if you stand up and smile, and it's a phone so they won't see you looking stupid.

And if you're lucky, they'll tell you to pop in to fecth an application form anyway!
Reply 3
need_money
Wow. Thanks. :|

Dunno if that was in response to a post that was deleted but it takes more then a couple hours, usually, for a reply.

Latest

Trending

Trending