The Student Room Group

Why am I so ugly?

I feel like I now realise truly how ugly I am. I genuinely believe no one thinks I'm beautiful not even remotely attractive. The worst thing is I don't know why. Maybe I'm too fat. Maybe my face is too wonky. Maybe I have to many spots of which I try so hard to get rid of but they won't go away. Maybe my very very long hair isn't conventional enough to be pretty. Maybe my eyebrows are too far apart and bushy. Perhaps its because I'm half cast. Indian and English. I don't really belong anywhere.

When a random guy on snapchat says 'wyll' and I present the most unrealistic version of my self, they still say ew. Or unadd me. Or block me. Even a posed picture of me cannot be admired, so in real life its definatey worse.

I feel like no one would reply to this or care, because why would you..

I don't even know what to do, I feel so helpless. I cannot change the things I'm born with. From my small double chin when I talk and chew to my stupid small height.

Maybe exercise more.. I don't know, I feel so grateful for my life and existence so it feels selfish of me to complain. But I really do hate my stupid face and my ugly body.
Reply 1
Don't define your self worth by other people.

People who say things like that guy are more often projecting their own insecurities onto you. No one should say "ew" at you.

It's normal to feel insecure in this day and age of social media (ngl a lot of stuff is faked through editing or tricks with camera angles, don't take it all at face value) so I understand because I don't feel good about myself either sometimes.

If you want to make changes to make yourself happy then you can but don't obsess over it, it's normal to want to change the odd thing about ourselves but perfection is unobtainable. Someone you may look at think is perfect probably has stuff they want to change about themselves too.

If you are overly obsessing though and feel you can't actually recognize yourself or know who you are when you look in the mirror then that sounds like dysmorphia and you may want to look into it and see someone about it.
What you're describing are normal "flaws" the sort of thing everybody has, you're just fixating on them. We can all list things we don't like about our appearance, even the most attractive people have things like that. I guarantee you are not "ugly". Find something you like about your appearance (there will be something!) and focus on that. And if people make rude remarks about you they're not worth your time (and probably dealing with their own issues, to be so mean).
Reply 3
Original post by laritaiscool
I feel like I now realise truly how ugly I am. I genuinely believe no one thinks I'm beautiful not even remotely attractive. The worst thing is I don't know why. Maybe I'm too fat. Maybe my face is too wonky. Maybe I have to many spots of which I try so hard to get rid of but they won't go away. Maybe my very very long hair isn't conventional enough to be pretty. Maybe my eyebrows are too far apart and bushy. Perhaps its because I'm half cast. Indian and English. I don't really belong anywhere.

When a random guy on snapchat says 'wyll' and I present the most unrealistic version of my self, they still say ew. Or unadd me. Or block me. Even a posed picture of me cannot be admired, so in real life its definatey worse.

I feel like no one would reply to this or care, because why would you..

I don't even know what to do, I feel so helpless. I cannot change the things I'm born with. From my small double chin when I talk and chew to my stupid small height.

Maybe exercise more.. I don't know, I feel so grateful for my life and existence so it feels selfish of me to complain. But I really do hate my stupid face and my ugly body.

See it high you care about yourself and stop thinking what they say about you.. trust me in life nobody is ugly ok.. too me you sound nice and cool too me just like an angel.. you can inbox me let chat and be talk we can be friends if you don’t mind

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending