The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Reb_Sta
Thank you so much for the advice! I find I'm always second guessing myself with comprehension. The tests I sat at my interview where quite similar to the practice QTS tests and I some how managed to get a place. Haha.

Glad I have got two weeks until these tests, lots of revision to be done! Cannot wait to be done with all this stress and know I have secured my place on the course.

Thank you so much, it's very appreciated :smile: xx

I think you've got the hardest part out of the way. The fact you passed similar tests at interview shows you'll be fine with the QTS ones :smile:

Where are you going?
Reply 2021
Hey, well done on your interview!!

The interview consisted of writing a letter to parent, marking a piece of work, doing your 5 min presentation and then the interview. The interviewers were really nice and asked a variety of questions. A lot based around my application but nothing out of the ordinary. You should be fine, I knew a lot about current educational issues however they never asked aboout this, typical!! Is yours for secondary English??
Reply 2022
Yeah it was an oral presentation. I went suited up, and to be honest I felt the part which I think really helped!!
Original post by babyS
hi ive been accepted on that course aswell have u done your qts yet xxx

Yeah, I did both my QTS tests before my interview. You?
Reply 2024
Original post by Mr Advice
I think you've got the hardest part out of the way. The fact you passed similar tests at interview shows you'll be fine with the QTS ones :smile:

Where are you going?

Haha I hope so. Just got to knuckle down and revise.
I'm going to edge hill :smile: xx
Reply 2025
Original post by pixie84
Do not worry about the literacy one, it is mainly just common sense.

For the numeracy one you should order the qts skills book. Got mine off amazon for about £6. I went through the whole book twice in about 3 days and I wouldn't of had a clue if I hadn't. But I passed both of mine first time.

Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I lack common sense haha! Where the questions similar to the ones on the practice tests?
I am defiantly going to get the book, my maths skills aren't fantastic!
Did you have a white board to do any workings out on?
Well done on passing your tests! Have you had a interview yet? Xxx
Reply 2026
Quick urgent question.

In regards to the requirement of at least 2 weeks experience in a school prior to applying, will you need a CRB check to observe or assist in such schools? I understand the eBulk method of doing this is quite fast, it can take a few days rather than weeks
I suggest people who want to apply for PGCE Primary to still apply, tbh its not too late and its better than waiting until next year to apply. I applied a week after the deadline. But the uni's still have places, and are looking at my application. I was just wondering went i sent it off i had not done the required 10 days observation in a primary school.

I went and asked my local schools and they didnt even know what it was, well the receptionist didnt! and i was just told to leave my details :frown: havent heard from them since.

I was just wondering is it ok for me to get my observation done in an early years school like an infants, even though i've applied for Primary PGCE? Im considering this because they seemed more willing to give me a space unlike the juniors.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2028
Original post by Reb_Sta
I think I lack common sense haha! Where the questions similar to the ones on the practice tests?
I am defiantly going to get the book, my maths skills aren't fantastic!
Did you have a white board to do any workings out on?
Well done on passing your tests! Have you had a interview yet? Xxx

Yeah they are the same as the practice ones. But I kept failing practice ones so I had to get the book lol. Yes you get a whiteboard to work out on.
I had an interview last week, I'm just waiting to hear back from them xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone else had their account credited with the £19 from ucas?
Reply 2030
Original post by andy1234567
Has anyone else had their account credited with the £19 from ucas?

Yes, they're refunding anyone that applied before a certain date for a subject that is in demand.
Original post by Shelly_x
Yes, they're refunding anyone that applied before a certain date for a subject that is in demand.

What do you mean?
Reply 2033
Original post by pixie84
Yeah they are the same as the practice ones. But I kept failing practice ones so I had to get the book lol. Yes you get a whiteboard to work out on.
I had an interview last week, I'm just waiting to hear back from them xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I keep failing the practice ones too! I'm terrible! I'm going to invest in the book and revise like mad! Oh good, I'm not good at mental maths need to write it down!
Best of luck then, I'm sure you will be offered a place :smile: Where are you hoping to go? Xxx
Reply 2034
Original post by Mr Advice
What do you mean?

They're refunding anyones application who holds (or are predicted) a first class or 2:1 degree and are interested in teaching primary or physics, maths, chemistry, modern foreign languages (MFL), biology, history, English, geography or computer science. Its part of the Premier Plus scheme. You need to have applied before a certain date though, I think it may have been sometime in November/December.
Reply 2035
Original post by Lucinda354
Yeah, I did both my QTS tests before my interview. You?

hi yeah i did mine after the my interview but there finally done will you be moving to manchester x
Original post by Meus
Quick urgent question.

In regards to the requirement of at least 2 weeks experience in a school prior to applying, will you need a CRB check to observe or assist in such schools? I understand the eBulk method of doing this is quite fast, it can take a few days rather than weeks

Not necessarily. I've had experience observing in several schools, and I was only asked about having a CRB check twice- once when the visit was organised by my university (who'd already organised a CRB check for me), and again at a school where it was optional- you could assist in lessons without one, but you couldn't be left with students unsupervised without it. So maybe it just depends on the school.
How does UCAS decide what your predicted is? I haven't been refunded yet I applied in October for Chemistry. However I applied in Scotland... So I imagine that is why actually :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2038
Original post by Reb_Sta
Oh I keep failing the practice ones too! I'm terrible! I'm going to invest in the book and revise like mad! Oh good, I'm not good at mental maths need to write it down!
Best of luck then, I'm sure you will be offered a place :smile: Where are you hoping to go? Xxx

Just practice & you will be fine. I've applied to northumbria. What about you xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi there, is there anyone who has been to interview on 16th Jan , Greenwich secondary? Has anyone heard from them yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending