The Student Room Group

Any qualified teachers applied for funding for nursing ?

I’ve just found out I may not be eligible for student finance to do my nursing as I have a pgce 😞I was advised that this is not an exempt course so would not be eligible for a loan even for tuition fees which means I can’t do the course
Is this definitely the case ??
Reply 1
Absolutely not, the reason sfe won’t let your apply online is because those with a PGCE have to fill out a paper form instead. All course that lead to registration with the NMC are funded with maintenance and tuition.
Brilliant thanks v much . I’ve sent the forms in and have managed to get a bit more info from the student finance reps on here so feeling relieved 😅
Reply 3
That’s good , I’m almost in the same boat as you , I’m 1/4 into my pgce and hate it. I’m considering dropping out and applying for a nursing course. My original plan was to stick it out and then apply but teaching is so not for me. Do let me know how you get on with the funding, wishing you the best of luck.
Original post by Fortysomething
I’ve just found out I may not be eligible for student finance to do my nursing as I have a pgce 😞I was advised that this is not an exempt course so would not be eligible for a loan even for tuition fees which means I can’t do the course
Is this definitely the case ??

I know this thread is two years old but I’m in the same boat. Am PGCEG/QTS qualified and have an unconditional offer for nursing which I’ve accepted and am sat filling the SLE form in. Just nearly had cardiac arrest as I’d investigated it before applying and it said funding was available for nursing! Frantically Googling and looking on here.
Did it all work out with the funding?
🙂
Original post by MissTeee
I know this thread is two years old but I’m in the same boat. Am PGCEG/QTS qualified and have an unconditional offer for nursing which I’ve accepted and am sat filling the SLE form in. Just nearly had cardiac arrest as I’d investigated it before applying and it said funding was available for nursing! Frantically Googling and looking on here.
Did it all work out with the funding?
🙂

Are you applying to SFE? If so, nursing is an exception course provided you are not already registered in the field so you would be able to apply for undergraduate funding (both tuition fee and maintenance loans).
Original post by normaw
Are you applying to SFE? If so, nursing is an exception course provided you are not already registered in the field so you would be able to apply for undergraduate funding (both tuition fee and maintenance loans).

Yes, that’s what I thought before I applied but there was a moment in the form when it looked very much like this wasn’t the case with QTS.
I’ve applied anyway based on this thread, on the separate paper form. Honestly, my heart stopped for a minute! Thanks for your reply.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending