The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

The Official LSE Open Day For Those With Offers

Hey all

Heres a thread for everyone going to the upcoming LSE open day for prospective undergrads on the 21st April 06..

Feel free to introduce yourself.. say what course you're offered for.. and anything else.. any queries can be answered here...

Ive got an offer for maths and economics..
will we have a talk from our subject teachers.. and tutors.. or will department heads talk to us? im sure it will say on lse website somewhere...

jak
on the topic of open days, does anyone know when theres the regular open day? ie the ones in summer?
i live abroad so i cant fly over for the 21st and was wondering if theres another date later on i could go to
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Hello!!
Ive got an offer for Social Anthropology and im hoping this visit day will help me chose between UCL and LSE....
(big dilemna)
Reply 3
alexandra
on the topic of open days, does anyone know when theres the regular open day? ie the ones in summer?
i live abroad so i cant fly over for the 21st and was wondering if theres another date later on i could go to

The general open day is on June 28th, you need to book in advance though, you can do that by booking online, here's the link: http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/studentRecruitment/visitlse.htm

I can't make it to the visit day either so I'll have to go to the general open day! I really wanted to go to the visit day because it's more geared towards ppl who hold offers, whereas the general open day is for everyone so may not be as relevant to those with offers. On the upside, however, the weather should be much nicer on the general open day, and exams will also be over by then :biggrin:
Great1
The general open day is on June 28th, you need to book in advance though, you can do that by booking online, here's the link: http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/studentRecruitment/visitlse.htm

I can't make it to the visit day either so I'll have to go to the general open day! I really wanted to go to the visit day because it's more geared towards ppl who hold offers, whereas the general open day is for everyone so may not be as relevant to those with offers. On the upside, however, the weather should be much nicer on the general open day, and exams will also be over by then :biggrin:

hey, thanks a lot for that info :smile: unfortunately i wont be able to make this general one either.. bummer!!!! :frown: :frown: because im going to the uk to see family on the 12th july. Plus my graduation day is on the 30th june so i couldnt really fly over and miss it. man that sux! i guess ill have to just visit it independently and find my way alone!

p.s. WOW are you argentinian? what course have you applied for?
Reply 5
alexandra
hey, thanks a lot for that info :smile: unfortunately i wont be able to make this general one either.. bummer!!!! :frown: :frown: because im going to the uk to see family on the 12th july. Plus my graduation day is on the 30th june so i couldnt really fly over and miss it. man that sux! i guess ill have to just visit it independently and find my way alone!

p.s. WOW are you argentinian? what course have you applied for?

There's something called the LSExplorer which allows you to visit LSE any weekday (I think its between the hours of 9am and 5pm) and explore the campus for yourself, so you could do that.

Yeh I'm Argentinian and part Lebanese; I couldn't put up a flag of both countries up so I chose an Argentinian one (because they have a better footy team lol) but I was born in the UK and have lived here ever since! I've received an offer for Law and LSE is my firm choice (for obvious reasons :p: )

You have a graduation day from college :eek: All I'm gonna get is a grumpy teacher handing me my results slip!
Great1
There's something called the LSExplorer which allows you to visit LSE any weekday (I think its between the hours of 9am and 5pm) and explore the campus for yourself, so you could do that.

Yeh I'm Argentinian and part Lebanese; I couldn't put up a flag of both countries up so I chose an Argentinian one (because they have a better footy team lol) but I was born in the UK and have lived here ever since! I've received an offer for Law and LSE is my firm choice (for obvious reasons :p: )

You have a graduation day from college :eek: All I'm gonna get is a grumpy teacher handing me my results slip!

yeah ill probably do that, thanks for the info dude! :smile:
hey hopefully we'll meet up this year (if i get the grades that is!), wow this is great! im soo looking forward to uni soon!! cant wait :biggrin: :biggrin:

we have a graduation dinner, basically the students organise a dinner at some posh restaurant (this year were thinking of going on a boat, like a cruise boat to celebrate, should be cool i hope!) and we "hang out" with the teachers! we also get given our certificates etc on the annual prize giving where the school gives each of us a "present" of some sort, usually a photograph of the class.. awww im gonna miss school so much :redface: (yes i suppose you can call me lame..)
alexandra
we have a graduation dinner, basically the students organise a dinner at some posh restaurant (this year were thinking of going on a boat, like a cruise boat to celebrate, should be cool i hope!) and we "hang out" with the teachers! we also get given our certificates etc on the annual prize giving where the school gives each of us a "present" of some sort, usually a photograph of the class.. awww im gonna miss school so much :redface: (yes i suppose you can call me lame..)

Wow. :eek:

At my college, you'd be lucky to get a kick up the backside to send you on your way to Uni.
Reply 8
I got my email through to confirm but stupidly I didn't save it. Was there anything on there I needed to 'get in' or is it just details of where to meet etc. Could anyone possibly forward them on to me on here or PM me?

Much obliged!
Jacko
I got my email through to confirm but stupidly I didn't save it. Was there anything on there I needed to 'get in' or is it just details of where to meet etc. Could anyone possibly forward them on to me on here or PM me?

Much obliged!

I PM'd you a copy, and yes, I think you do need to present a printout of the email. They say it's for "security reasons", so please delete what I sent you if you are planning on blowing up the LSE.
/\Shaz\/
Wow. :eek:

At my college, you'd be lucky to get a kick up the backside to send you on your way to Uni.

really? my god.. i should be grateful!! people in my class complain soooooo much about our school (its the strictest one in all of cyprus, no joke).. stupid people! lol :rolleyes:
Reply 11
/\Shaz\/
I PM'd you a copy, and yes, I think you do need to present a printout of the email. They say it's for "security reasons", so please delete what I sent you if you are planning on blowing up the LSE.

Lol, thanks a whole bunch. See you there (without any C4!)
Reply 12
alright everyone,

I'm reading Econ & Econ Hist.

One Love

Latest

Trending

Trending