The Student Room Group

What should I place as A backup option for pharmacy (Undergraduate) Degree in london?

Hi, I have placed a request for three universities for pharmacy with another 2 options remaning? any suggestions for what I can take if i don't get into my chosen choices related to (Chemistry and biology a levels)? I want to remain in london.
Original post by elestrello17
Hi, I have placed a request for three universities for pharmacy with another 2 options remaning? any suggestions for what I can take if i don't get into my chosen choices related to (Chemistry and biology a levels)? I want to remain in london.

If you intend to go into pharmacy, you will typically require a very specific type of degree approved by a specific professional body. You typically can't pick any random degree and expect to still get into pharmacy. Those who choose to go into pharmacy tend to be dedicated and are either going into pharmacy or not.

Personal recommendation: pick approved pharmacy degrees (MPharm) that are a little further out from London

I can list a bunch of life science degrees, including anything in pharmacology, biochemistry, medicine, vetinary science, dentistry, biomedicine, biology, chemistry, biological sciences, nursing, midwifery, dietics, nutrition, physiotherapy, sports science. However, none of these would make sense to include in your application.

If you don't intend to go into pharmacy, what are your intentions for getting a degree and what do you intend to go into upon graduation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending