Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help me with this question:

"Outline two ways in which the body responds to stress"

I don't need the exact answers, just the general direction I need to go in. Thanks

(PS- sorry for this being in the wrong forum)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    Can anyone help me with this question:

"Outline two ways in which the body responds to stress"

I don't need the exact answers, just the general direction I need to go in. Thanks

(PS- sorry for this being in the wrong forum)
    I think figetting (sp).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHANDY)
    I think figetting (sp).
    Thanks but I'm looking for more psychological stuff...like the SAM and HPA. It's a six mark question

ReputationRep:
    only thing i can remember is Cobb & Rose - Air Traffic Controllers

ReputationRep:
    body responds to stress by ANS i think
    hypothalamus produces hormones in response to stress
    The pit gland directs endocrine system and adrenal medulla produces adrenaline and noradrenaline as a response

Also
    fight/flight response......when an animal feels threatened its response is fight or flight. Adrenaline and noradrenaline are produced as a response to stressor and body responds by trying to adapt to normal level of functioning hence fight/flight

ReputationRep:
    The body's stress-response mainly involves the adrenal glands- the adrenal cortex and the adrenal medulla. These release different sets of hormones into the bloodstream. Andreal cortex: releases corticosteroids. Adrenal medulla: adrenaline and nonadrenaline. To give a six mark answer to that question I'd speak in more detail about the adrenal cortex and the adrenal medulla and also about the different systems involved with these 2 glands (pituitary gland, ANS etc) Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    This may help.

It sounds like ur doing psych on aqa, and this stuff is aimed at ocr, so not everything will be relevant, but u might find something u like.

www.simplypsych.com is a really good web site.

Hope this helps
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: doc stress.doc (32.5 KB, 250 views)

ReputationRep:
    If my memory serves me correctly try looking up Holmes and Rahe?

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.