The Student Room Group
Reply 1
~Sam~
Can anyone help me with this question:

"Outline two ways in which the body responds to stress"

I don't need the exact answers, just the general direction I need to go in. Thanks :smile:

(PS- sorry for this being in the wrong forum)

I think figetting (sp).
Reply 2
SHANDY
I think figetting (sp).

Thanks but I'm looking for more psychological stuff...like the SAM and HPA. It's a six mark question
Reply 3
only thing i can remember is Cobb & Rose - Air Traffic Controllers
Reply 4
body responds to stress by ANS i think
hypothalamus produces hormones in response to stress
The pit gland directs endocrine system and adrenal medulla produces adrenaline and noradrenaline as a response

Also
fight/flight response......when an animal feels threatened its response is fight or flight. Adrenaline and noradrenaline are produced as a response to stressor and body responds by trying to adapt to normal level of functioning hence fight/flight
Reply 5
The body's stress-response mainly involves the adrenal glands- the adrenal cortex and the adrenal medulla. These release different sets of hormones into the bloodstream. Andreal cortex: releases corticosteroids. Adrenal medulla: adrenaline and nonadrenaline. To give a six mark answer to that question I'd speak in more detail about the adrenal cortex and the adrenal medulla and also about the different systems involved with these 2 glands (pituitary gland, ANS etc) Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 6
This may help.

It sounds like ur doing psych on aqa, and this stuff is aimed at ocr, so not everything will be relevant, but u might find something u like.

www.simplypsych.com is a really good web site.

Hope this helps
Reply 7
If my memory serves me correctly try looking up Holmes and Rahe?

Latest

Trending

Trending