The Student Room Group

Leeds University - Adult Nursing - Selection Event

Hello :smile:

I have been invited to a Selection Event at Leeds Uni next Thursday ! I already know it involves a numeracy test without calculator and a group task ? I was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on the topics we may be asked to discuss with our group. On another forum I have read it is 4 themes related to nursing that broadly reflect the type of information they look for in your personal statement.
So will this be for example the qualities of a nurse for example ?
Any help with the day as a whole will be much appreciated :biggrin: !!

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by christy053

I have been invited to a Selection Event at Leeds Uni next Thursday ! I already know it involves a numeracy test without calculator and a group task ? I was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on the topics we may be asked to discuss with our group. On another forum I have read it is 4 themes related to nursing that broadly reflect the type of information they look for in your personal statement.

Thanks

I had one about two weeks ago and have had an offer from them so obviously it went well! The maths test is on a computer and its pretty simple make sure you know converting fractions and just simple maths really. The group task is making a mindmap with about 2 or 3 other people about nursing, dont be too overpowering just listen to others and input, which is what i did and clearly it works. hope it helped
Reply 2
Original post by jjones42
I had one about two weeks ago and have had an offer from them so obviously it went well! The maths test is on a computer and its pretty simple make sure you know converting fractions and just simple maths really. The group task is making a mindmap with about 2 or 3 other people about nursing, dont be too overpowering just listen to others and input, which is what i did and clearly it works. hope it helped

Brilliant thank you ! Ill get revising my fractions then just to be safe ! Well done on getting an offer by the way :biggrin: !!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by christy053

Thanks

I've been invited to a selection event on the 20th of feb, and in preparation I've been asking my friends who have previously been interviewed for adult nursing. It seems a popular question in the one to one interview are about the media of the nhs, and articles you've read etc. it shows you are interested in the subject and have researched it. I was told to just relax and that the selection event itself isn't as intense as it may seem. Just be yourself. That's what I plan to do. Your passion will naturally shine through. Be prepared and relaxed. Good luck!:smile: xxx
Reply 4
I didn't have a one to one at leeds uni. ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
You didn't? I may have misinterpreted something. I was under the impression I had to have one xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
No no a group and math test :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Hey well done! Just wondering what was everyone wearing at the event was it casual or very smart?? Thankyou:smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending