The Student Room Group

London oratory/cardinal vaughan

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by stmary
I just found out I didn't get LO. I am really upset about it. I must have really messed up in the test. All my predicted grades are A*. What more does one have to do? Oh well, waiting for CV. I don't hold much hope of getting that now.
Well done to those of you who got in to LO.

Well I didn't get in either. Not sure if they put people on waiting lists! But I don't want to go there anyway. Well done to everyone that got in! I should have known that both Cv and LO are recruitment grounds for Sacred Heart and Gumley House girls. I doubt very much I will get into CV-does anyone know when those results are out....good luck to everyone!
Reply 41
Original post by PINKFLEUR
This whole London Oratory and Cardinal Vaughan buisness is so confusing and stressful! Luckily I was offered a full-fees scholarship for a private school on Saturday which I'm so grateful for, and will finally put to rest my paranoid mind.

Well done PINK FLEUR!

I also have a scholarship for a private school, which I have accepted. Have u accepted yours, which school is it for?:smile:
Original post by Ketchup1702
Well done PINK FLEUR!

I also have a scholarship for a private school, which I have accepted. Have u accepted yours, which school is it for?:smile:

charter house, is a boarding school. I don't know if I want to go though, i dont wat to be away from home just yet simply to go to school but I don't want to miss out on an opportunity. In other words, I haven't replied to them with my decision yet.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 43
Congratulations Pink Fleur!!!! I didn't get into Oratory and I haven't heard back from Cardinal Vaughan so I'm really nervous now :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kayleigh-
Congratulations Pink Fleur!!!! I didn't get into Oratory and I haven't heard back from Cardinal Vaughan so I'm really nervous now :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't get into Oratory either & don't be scared for CV they are sending out acceptance letters starting Monday apparently so hopefully we both get one :smile:
Original post by elitemodella
I didn't get into Oratory either & don't be scared for CV they are sending out acceptance letters starting Monday apparently so hopefully we both get one :smile:

They started sending them earlier actually.

I got mine of Friday. Alphabetical order perhaps?
My friends got her LO letter on Wednesday and I received mine on Friday along with CV on Saturday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you & don't worry. No school would let someone so talented go to waste :smile: Xox
Reply 47
PINKFLEUR, did you get CV as well? If so, well done! I'm still waiting for CV letter. I'm hoping it'll be good news.
They started sending them earlier actually.

I got mine of Friday. Alphabetical order perhaps?
My friends got her LO letter on Wednesday and I received mine on Friday along with CV on Saturday.

Oh okay & well done on getting into CV aswell! If you don't mind me asking what was your point score?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Original post by niamhrafferty
I just found out I got into CV :smile: has anyone else heard back? If not, good luck! Now I have the tough decision - Oratory or Vaughan :s-smilie:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations! That's a really difficult decision but it's a very nice one to make - and one that not very many people have to make either! I didn't get in but I'm hopeful for another school :smile: if I were you, I'd pick CV just because of the nice atmosphere, especially seeing as they get such similar results
Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh okay & well done on getting into CV aswell! If you don't mind me asking what was your point score?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you and no problem! Out of 9 GCSES they calculate,I got 9A*s which gives me a score of 72 (: xox
Thank you and no problem! Out of 9 GCSES they calculate,I got 9A*s which gives me a score of 72 (: xox

Oh that's good, I've also just found out I got a place a CV :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
Congratulations! That's a really difficult decision but it's a very nice one to make - and one that not very many people have to make either! I didn't get in but I'm hopeful for another school :smile: if I were you, I'd pick CV just because of the nice atmosphere, especially seeing as they get such similar results
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! I'm sure you'll do well no matter where you go :smile: I was thinking the same thing, I think I might go for CV :biggrin:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh that's good, I've also just found out I got a place a CV :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done! What was your point score?
Well done! What was your point score?

Reply 55
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! I'm sure you'll do well no matter where you go :smile: I was thinking the same thing, I think I might go for CV :biggrin:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much! I was really disappointed when I found out I didn't get in but I guess you always need to look on the bright side of things. Thanks for the boost :biggrin: that's a good choice in my opinion, just go with where you think you'll do best

Posted from TSR Mobile
Elitemodella - do you think you're going to accept the place? I might see you there, that's so weird lol :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah most probably it is my first choice but I have a few more days to make a final decision, do you think your going for CV instead of Oratory?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ketchup1702
Well I didn't get in either. Not sure if they put people on waiting lists! But I don't want to go there anyway. Well done to everyone that got in! I should have known that both Cv and LO are recruitment grounds for Sacred Heart and Gumley House girls. I doubt very much I will get into CV-does anyone know when those results are out....good luck to everyone!

CV results have come out and I know exactly how you feel I felt like that when I didn't get in LO before but now I have a place in CV and I don't go to either of those schools, don't loose hope you'll get a place and if not in those schools in another that's just as good :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done! :smile: xxx
Reply 59
Congratulations to those of you who got in to CV. Well done. I am still waiting to hear from CV. I had hoped I would get the letter today, but didn't. I am so worried.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending