The Student Room Group

Facebook friend request sent/cancelled?

I sent a friend request to someone on Facebook.

On the activity log page it was there saying 'XXX sent a friend request to XXX'. It also gives you the option to 'cancel the friend request'.

Now, I don't know if I cancelled it (as the page did freeze and then I had to restart chrome) or if has been rejected. However, when I go on the friend profile it does say 'Add Friend'.

I am unsure what has happened, as if it was ignored it would still say 'Friend Request Sent', so is it likely it has been rejected (or cancelled by me)?
Original post by y.forums
I sent a friend request to someone on Facebook.

On the activity log page it was there saying 'XXX sent a friend request to XXX'. It also gives you the option to 'cancel the friend request'.

Now, I don't know if I cancelled it (as the page did freeze and then I had to restart chrome) or if has been rejected. However, when I go on the friend profile it does say 'Add Friend'.

I am unsure what has happened, as if it was ignored it would still say 'Friend Request Sent', so is it likely it has been rejected (or cancelled by me)?

Erm well just send the friend request again? :dontknow:
It's probably a glitch, just resend it :smile:
Original post by proud nd luvin it
Erm well just send the friend request again? :dontknow:

If he was rejected it would be pretty awkward to send it again
Reply 4
Original post by Dhaal_Chawal

That's why I want to know what happened before sending it again.
Reply 5
Going back in time now will be really helpful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Why is this in 'News and Current Affairs?'
Reply 7
Original post by Dhaal_Chawal

I know what you mean, but if that's the case then the request has been/will be rejected, so they won't speak to the person, so why does it matter if it looks a bit weird? As long as OP doesn't keep adding them over and over as they repeatedly reject.

xxxx
Reply 8
(Gosh, I'm so glad I got rid of my Facebook account). :flute:
Original post by Kiss
Why is this in 'News and Current Affairs?'

Either the OP thinks this is just as important as current news stories or he didn't know where else to post it.
Did you try to cancel it?
You probably cancelled it, perhaps by accident.
I would write a little message to them in private, and ask to be friends but perhaps in such a way that isn't consistant to your request of friendship. If they don't reply assume they declined and move on or if they reply then and accepts then go for it. Or be like me its only facebook and don't get hung up on one person unless they mean a great deal to you then call/text a mutual friend and see if they have been on facebook lately cos sometimes facebook times out friend requests.
Good reply. Everything is clear to me know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending