The Student Room Group

SFE help?! Child of migrant worker.

I am a returning child of a migrant worker and in mid November I got asked to provide evidence of employment.

Since my dad changed his job, I sent the required evidence. Few days ago (3 to be exact) I received email that my maintenance loan has been paused because the his new contract was missing some information. I have just now uploaded the letter of employment and his new contract.

My next payment schedule in January says it's been cancelled (is it just paused? Or would I have to apply again?).

How long will it take to get my evidence checked if I sent it in today. Does it mean I missed on this payment? Or would my payment be delayed?
Original post by bubblyoongles
I am a returning child of a migrant worker and in mid November I got asked to provide evidence of employment.

Since my dad changed his job, I sent the required evidence. Few days ago (3 to be exact) I received email that my maintenance loan has been paused because the his new contract was missing some information. I have just now uploaded the letter of employment and his new contract.

My next payment schedule in January says it's been cancelled (is it just paused? Or would I have to apply again?).

How long will it take to get my evidence checked if I sent it in today. Does it mean I missed on this payment? Or would my payment be delayed?

Hi there, on the email with the evidence request it would state down the bottom that the funding has been temporarily paused until the evidence is received and accepted. At the moment it is an estimated 5 working days for processing. If it is accepted then we can reinstate the funding for you, the payment may be on the scheduled date but could possibly be delayed. Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending