Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I posted this in the money and finance page, but I realise this is probably a better place to post it.

    In short: I have had quite a few problems in my first semester at uni and I'm now really quite unwell because of it. I think I will have no choice but to intercalate (due to medical reasons) and return in September. HOWEVER I desperately NEED the money SFE are giving me. I know that they will pay part of your money if they deem that you need it after you write to them etc, but I wondered if anyone else had actually got this? Or if there is anything else, or any other help?

    Job Seekeers isn't an option because, as I mentioned, I'm ill. DLA (or whatever it's called now) also isn't an option because they don't believe I'm ill enough! I have talked to SFE and my uni and all they said was that I can write to SFE and if they consider me to be in enough financial hardship they'll continue to pay my grants.

    I'm trying really hard to get back to complete the year, but right now it's not looking too promising. Any sensible advice would be appreciated.
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.