The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by omidsassy
might take a 30 min nap later on, still got menstrual cycle and 2 past papers to do, and a dozen essays LOL

That's easy the mestrual cycle, just remember this;

Freshies - FSH
Only - Oestrogen
Like - LH
P**** - Progesterone

FSH Stimulates Oestroygen
Oestrogen --> LH
LH --> Progesterone
Progesterone prevents FSH being formed by negative feedback by preventing follicles being made.
also, i would genuinely pass out from joy if the essay was on ATP

My strengths lie on biology rather than biochem and if it is an essay on DNA tech, well, let's just say I may not reach my next B-Day...
Original post by Scienceisgood
That's easy the mestrual cycle, just remember this;

Freshies - FSH
Only - Oestrogen
Like - LH
P**** - Progesterone

FSH Stimulates Oestroygen
Oestrogen --> LH
LH --> Progesterone
Progesterone prevents FSH being formed by negative feedback by preventing follicles being made.

Lol, I just remember it as FOLP. :P
My strengths lie on biology rather than biochem and if it is an essay on DNA tech, well, let's just say I may not reach my next B-Day...

At least they give you 2 essay choices! :redface:

i may not see september lmao!! but thanks that was cool, i just used the folp thing from before though :P i have never honestly tried so hard and aimed for a C in an exam.
they dont reaaaally give you essay choices because they always give a C*N^TY one, thats their lil trick
Original post by Alfred1010
Lol, I just remember it as FOLP. :P

I typically remember anagrams easier, but, all to their own and whatnot.
Example, other than the one above, the way I remembered intigration of things in mechanics was the following;

AIVS
Adam Is Very Sexy
Intergrate acceleration (a) to get velocity (v) and integrate velocity to get displacement (s).

Just my way of doing it.
Also, one to do with biology and different muscle types (fast twitch and slow twitch is the following)

FAT = Fast Twitch Anaerobic
Loads of enzymes for anaerobic respiration
For short bursts of energy
Can't go on for long. So, I imagine a fat person in a marathon and how they would do just as well as the rest in the first few minutes/seconds but then not as well. =P

Therefore, that leaves slow twitch as the following;

Loads of myoglobin
Loads of mitochondria
Loads of aerobic respiration
Thin to decrease diffusion pathway distance
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4547
might take a 30 min nap later on, still got menstrual cycle and 2 past papers to do, and a dozen essays LOL

Haha I've got soo much to do, I'm not writing the full essays out though I'm just bullet pointing everything I could say, how are you doing your essays?
i may not see september lmao!! but thanks that was cool, i just used the folp thing from before though :P i have never honestly tried so hard and aimed for a C in an exam.

My Birthday is in VERY late August...
Reply 4549

Haha well luckily that's already come up in 2012 so it's highly unlikely they'd repeat! :smile:
Original post by pjanoo
Haha I've got soo much to do, I'm not writing the full essays out though I'm just bullet pointing everything I could say, how are you doing your essays?

just reading mark schemes and hoping its enzymes, or inorganic phosphates, ARGH i would KILL for inorganic phosphates to come up, or enzymes...
I am getting it may be an essay on methods of transport in organisms myself and if it is, DON'T forget single celled organisms people, not just plants and animals!
My Birthday is in VERY late August...

at least it will be a quick death... i hope for your sake :P as for me its gonna be humiliation to the maximum level...
Oh yeah, and if it is an essay on negative feedback, I swear I am jumping out of the nearest window head first!
why couldnt Alevels be like hogwarts?!?! they skipped exams like 4 years in a row, i miss one bloody pop quiz and i get 2 phone calls home and half a dozen emails...
Any Idea's on what the essay will be?
and any main themes teacher think will come up frequently?
dont mean to scare anyone but i have a feeling this paper is going to be SOLID! simply because the raw mark grade boundaries have been rising like a biatsch over the last 3 years
Oh yeah, guys, is type 2 diabetes the one where the body fails to respond to insulin whereas type 1 is a failure to produce it?
If so, is a good way to remember it is 2 = glue.
So, 2 is where you produce it but it doesn't stick whereas 1 isn't glue and thus body doesn't respond? (Thank you mission impossible ghost protocol!)
why couldnt Alevels be like hogwarts?!?!

Because...

Spoiler

Jokes aside... When are you going to have breakfast? I might have mine at 7:30.

dont mean to scare anyone but i have a feeling this paper is going to be SOLID! simply because the raw mark grade boundaries have been rising like a biatsch over the last 3 years

I noticed this too :frown:.
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending