The Student Room Group

How much to live a week?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Damn! No Comedy Central for me then :s-smilie: God I hope not, I'll need some sort of TV! :frown:
Reply 21
Original post by mulberrytree
Im sure you need a TV licence for iPlayer. I tried to watch it once when I was in Yorkshire and it wouldn't let me because it said it couldn't determine if the property had a TV licence?!??

You should only need a licence if you watch live tv otherwise you don't need one.
Reply 22
Original post by ray-chill
You should only need a licence if you watch live tv otherwise you don't need one.

True dat!
http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/help/playing_tv_progs/tvlicence
Im sure you need a TV licence for iPlayer. I tried to watch it once when I was in Yorkshire and it wouldn't let me because it said it couldn't determine if the property had a TV licence?!??

If you were trying to watch the live streaming, then you would have needed the TV license, but for catch-up TV you don't
:smile:
£68 isn't that much...after phone bill, TV licence (you need one of these by law if you want to watch live tv, even if it's online!) food and of course if you want to go out drinking. Realistically you will need a job or an overdraft.

Oh not to mention textbooks/stationery etc. Dunno about your course but I have to spend about £200 on books at the beginning of every year!
Reply 25
Original post by infairverona
£68 isn't that much...after phone bill, TV licence (you need one of these by law if you want to watch live tv, even if it's online!) food and of course if you want to go out drinking. Realistically you will need a job or an overdraft.

Oh not to mention textbooks/stationery etc. Dunno about your course but I have to spend about £200 on books at the beginning of every year!

I do hope to get a job but that's definitely not a definite nowadays!
:eek: That much on books? Damn!
Original post by Nath1194
I do hope to get a job but that's definitely not a definite nowadays!
:eek: That much on books? Damn!

I know, some employers also aren't very helpful with uni. One boss told me once that I "couldn't have the day before my exam off, my job here is more important than my education". No joke. And that was Waitrose! Yeah I study law, it depends. Although saying that, I lived with people studying biochem last year and their books were really expensive too, but the difference was they lasted the whole three years.
Reply 27
Original post by infairverona
I know, some employers also aren't very helpful with uni. One boss told me once that I "couldn't have the day before my exam off, my job here is more important than my education". No joke. And that was Waitrose! Yeah I study law, it depends. Although saying that, I lived with people studying biochem last year and their books were really expensive too, but the difference was they lasted the whole three years.

That really sucks :s-smilie: Ah right, well thank you for the insight! :biggrin:
Reply 28
Original post by amyeaton
Ahh cool! When I went to the open day last year, I only managed to look around limes court! It was pretty nice, think it might be a bit smaller than other accommodation but it is the cheapest and it's a bit further from the uni. Not by far though :tongue: I got sent some dates for the applicant days so if I can manage to get to one of them I'm going to go look at the grange then I can compare haha :tongue: every time I look at the website it just makes me want to start now! :biggrin:

Also I dropped you a PM to move our conversation!

You only need a licence if you're watching it "live" It probably asked you, because it was currently showing something "live" as opposed to catch up
Reply 30
Original post by Nath1194
Also I dropped you a PM to move our conversation!

Sweet I got it, did my reply send? :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
I think people generally live 7 days a week.
Original post by OU Student
I think you mean month!

Yes I did mean month,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending