The Student Room Group

OASC - Part 1 - 3rd/4th March

Delete.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Hey Chris

I'm attending OASC part 1 on those dates

Where u heading from?

I'm heading down from newcastle so gonna be arriving Sunday afternoon I think... Awaiting train confirmation from my local AFCO

What role u in for?

I'm going for SNCO ATC

Dave

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2
Hey Chris

That's nice and handy... Got a looooong train journey from this end :/

Prep work is going ok... Beasting SDT as best as I can... Gotta admit I'm pretty nervous like.

How's yours going?

How do u find the AST?

Dave

Reply 3
Original post by ChrisLincoln
Is indeed! Especially as they want everyone down on a Sunday which is generally poor for public transport. Nevermind as long as you get there!

Mines going pretty well, been practicing SDT and got an aptitude book just to get my mind working. There isn't all that much you can do to prepare for Part 1 to be honest, just nail maths and concentrate on the day.

AST was easier than i thought. How did you find it?

Just been looking at sorting out my suit and few shirts etc. Not too long now. Week on Sunday!

Got your train tickets sorted? What station is it you go to? Grantham?

Hey Chris

Same here... Like u say, beside SDT an maths, not much can be practised. Just got my fingers crossed my brain I wired up the right way :wink:

AST took me two attempts... First time around it had been aprox 15years since I'd done any type of maths (old man you see)

But smashed it second time

Got my suit and shirts all sorted here and assembling my travel kit.

Train tickets are being sorted out for me by my local AFCO an I should receive email confirmation of them early next week.

I'm assuming its Grantham station as that's the station that is mentioned in my information pack.

It's creeping closer by the day and I'm a strange mixture of nervous yet very excited

Dave

Reply 4
Dave

Yeah suit is all sorted now, not that much to take really as it's only one night/day. Suit, Shirts, Shoes, Wash Kit, ID etc and bits for last minute revision.

Yeah, i'm not too nervous about Part 1 more excited about getting to the next stage. It's Part 2 that's less clear cut natural aptitude and more based on performance on the day(s)!

I meant to ask, have you been on a visit to RAF Shawbury?

Chris

Chris

No I haven't been for a visit to RAF Shawbury yet.

My AFCO said they would arrange a visit between part1 and part2 of OASC

Have you been?

Dave
Reply 5
Hey Dave!

Pretty close now. I've not been yet, my visit was cancelled at the end of feb due to 'unforseen accomodation availability'. Need to speak to AFCO to get on the next one after OASC Part 1. Assuming i pass!

See you on Sunday.

Chris

Hey chris

Yeah closer and closer

Fingers and toes crossed

See u Sunday mate

Dave

Reply 6
Hi guys,

Been keeping up to date with your thread; just wondered how you both got on?

Cheers

Ollie
Reply 7
Hey Oliver..

I didn't make the grade for ATC unfortunately but happy in myself that I gave it my best.

It was the CLAN test that let me down :/

Was a good day though and a great experience.

I must admit though that with everything that was going on I never managed to work out who Chris was !?? Sorry about that mate lol

I have reapplied for role of Intelligence Analyst already though... So the journey does not end here for me.

Dave

Reply 8
Hi Oliver and Dave

I passed my CBAT at OASC for ATC, just waiting to hear from AFCO about the dates for PART 2!

Only 5 of us passed out of 18 people, and only 3 people passed for ATC just to give you an idea of how tough the scoring at OASC is.

Dave, i was sat in the black shirt, the first person with their results at the end sat in the chair opposite you. I knew who you were, old and geordie haha!

Chris

Hey Chris

Nice to finally out a face to the name lol

You were on my short list of potential "Chris candidates" as one o the few ppls names I didn't catch ha ha ha

Old and Geordie... That's the nicest description I've had in a long time lol

Congrats again on passing mate and best of luck with the rest of the process.

Keep this thread up to date with ur progress, would be great to stay in the loop on how ur doing mate.

And who knows, a little way down the line you might bump into someone on base and think "that old Geordie seems familiar" :wink:

Best of luck mate

Dave

Reply 9
Hello everyone, I am applying to be a RAF Regiment officer, I have passed the PROC and now have an OASC date; this is in 3 weeks - I was just wondering do the regiment applicants have to score highly on the aptitude tests as my speed/distance/time and other not so simple math skills are generally quite poor.

Quick Reply

Latest