The Student Room Group

Postgrad Loan

Hello! I recently graduated with a Bachelor after completing my 3rd year at university; however, I initially was on an integrated Masters track (Msci) for which I had taken out an SFE loan. Unfortunately, I couldn't satisfy the requirements so had to receive my Bachelor as Interim Award and won't be progressing into my 4th year. Now, I want to apply to a part-time Masters programme at another university. Can I take out a loan for that one as well?

I understand I need to notify SFE to cancel the funding for the last year which was meant to be the Msci one, but can I start another application for a Masters given they didn't have to fund my last year?
Original post by katehasnoidea
Hello! I recently graduated with a Bachelor after completing my 3rd year at university; however, I initially was on an integrated Masters track (Msci) for which I had taken out an SFE loan. Unfortunately, I couldn't satisfy the requirements so had to receive my Bachelor as Interim Award and won't be progressing into my 4th year. Now, I want to apply to a part-time Masters programme at another university. Can I take out a loan for that one as well?

I understand I need to notify SFE to cancel the funding for the last year which was meant to be the Msci one, but can I start another application for a Masters given they didn't have to fund my last year?

Hi there, is it a 1 year masters degree you're looking to do at the new university? Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending