The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by de_monies
Oh fair enoughs. Well have fun :smile: I did my "shopping" a few hours ago. Got some clothes. pretty cheap as well! - I was surprised for a high street shop....

Im going to sleep in about an hour or so :frown:

thats quite early considering u.....
Original post by dasolja123
thats quite early considering u.....

Very, but I've got to wake up at half 5 :frown:
Very, but I've got to wake up at half 5 :frown:

Why? You should make it a habit :tongue:
Original post by lilmissshady
Why? You should make it a habit :tongue:

I've got to leave at 7, to drive 130 miles south for a second interview. Wuld have been nicer if it were later on in the day lol
Reply 4284
I've got to leave at 7, to drive 130 miles south for a second interview. Wuld have been nicer if it were later on in the day lol

Good luck for the interview.hope it goes well :smile:
Original post by sahdia13
Good luck for the interview.hope it goes well :smile:

Thank you :smile:

whats the interview on???
and GOOD LUCK!!!!
whats the interview on???
and GOOD LUCK!!!!

A technical interview and thanks :smile:
A technical interview and thanks :smile:

do u kno the answer to these questions????

What development tools have you used?

What languages have you programmed in?

What source control tools have you used?

What are your technical certifications?

What do you do to maintain your technical certifications?

How did your education help prepare you for this job?

How would you rate your key competencies for this job?

What are your IT strengths and weaknesses?

Tell me about the most recent project you worked on. What were your responsibilities?

From the description of this position what do you think you will be doing on a day-to-day basis?

What challenges do you think you might expect in this job if you were hired?

How important is it to work directly with your business users?

What elements are necessary for a successful team and why?

Tell me about the project you are most proud of, and what your contribution was.

Describe your production deployment process.

Give an example of where you have applied your technical knowledge in a practical way.

How did you manage source control?

What did you do to ensure quality in your deliverables?

What percentage of your time do you spend unit testing?

What do you expect in the solution documents you are provided?

Describe a time when you were able to improve upon the design that was originally suggested.

How much reuse do you get out of the code that you develop, and how?

Which do you prefer; service oriented or batch oriented solutions?

When is the last time you downloaded a utility from the internet to make your work more productive, and what was it?

What have you done to ensure consistency across unit, quality, and production environments?

Describe the elements of an in tier architecture and their appropriate use.

Compare and contrast REST and SOAP web services.

Define authentication and authorization and the tools that are used to support them in enterprise deployments.

What is ETL and when should it be used?

You have been asked to research a new business tool. You have come across two solutions. One is an on-premises solution, the other is cloud-based. Assuming they are functionally equivalent, would you recommend one over the other, and why?

What do you do to ensure you provide accurate project estimates?

What technical websites do you follow?

Have you used Visual Studio?

Have you used Eclipse?

What is a SAN, and how is it used?

What is clustering, and describe its use.

What is the role of the DMZ in network architecture?

How do you enforce relational integrity in database design?

When is it appropriate to denormalize database design?

What is the difference between OLAP and OLTP? When is each used?

You have learned that a business unit is managing a major component of the business using Excel spreadsheets and Access databases. What risks does this present, and what would you recommend be done to mitigate those risks?

What automated-build tools or processes have you used?

What is the role of continuous integration systems in the automated-build process?

Describe the difference between optimistic and pessimistic locking.

In databases, what is the difference between a delete statement and a truncate statement?

What are transaction logs, and how are they used?

What are the most important database performance metrics, and how do you monitor them?

What is the role of SNMP?

What is a cross site scripting attack, and how do you defend against it?

In network security, what is a honey pot, and why is it used?

just so u kno, i have NO idea what the answers are so.......
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4289
whats good in the hood fellas! lol
do u kno the answer to these questions????

What development tools have you used?

What languages have you programmed in?

What source control tools have you used?

What are your technical certifications?

What do you do to maintain your technical certifications?

How did your education help prepare you for this job?

How would you rate your key competencies for this job?

What are your IT strengths and weaknesses?

Tell me about the most recent project you worked on. What were your responsibilities?

From the description of this position what do you think you will be doing on a day-to-day basis?

What challenges do you think you might expect in this job if you were hired?

How important is it to work directly with your business users?

What elements are necessary for a successful team and why?

Tell me about the project you are most proud of, and what your contribution was.

Describe your production deployment process.

Give an example of where you have applied your technical knowledge in a practical way.

How did you manage source control?

What did you do to ensure quality in your deliverables?

What percentage of your time do you spend unit testing?

What do you expect in the solution documents you are provided?

Describe a time when you were able to improve upon the design that was originally suggested.

How much reuse do you get out of the code that you develop, and how?

Which do you prefer; service oriented or batch oriented solutions?

When is the last time you downloaded a utility from the internet to make your work more productive, and what was it?

What have you done to ensure consistency across unit, quality, and production environments?

Describe the elements of an in tier architecture and their appropriate use.

Compare and contrast REST and SOAP web services.

Define authentication and authorization and the tools that are used to support them in enterprise deployments.

What is ETL and when should it be used?

You have been asked to research a new business tool. You have come across two solutions. One is an on-premises solution, the other is cloud-based. Assuming they are functionally equivalent, would you recommend one over the other, and why?

What do you do to ensure you provide accurate project estimates?

What technical websites do you follow?

Have you used Visual Studio?

Have you used Eclipse?

What is a SAN, and how is it used?

What is clustering, and describe its use.

What is the role of the DMZ in network architecture?

How do you enforce relational integrity in database design?

When is it appropriate to denormalize database design?

What is the difference between OLAP and OLTP? When is each used?

You have learned that a business unit is managing a major component of the business using Excel spreadsheets and Access databases. What risks does this present, and what would you recommend be done to mitigate those risks?

What automated-build tools or processes have you used?

What is the role of continuous integration systems in the automated-build process?

Describe the difference between optimistic and pessimistic locking.

In databases, what is the difference between a delete statement and a truncate statement?

What are transaction logs, and how are they used?

What are the most important database performance metrics, and how do you monitor them?

What is the role of SNMP?

What is a cross site scripting attack, and how do you defend against it?

In network security, what is a honey pot, and why is it used?

just so u kno, i have NO idea what the answers are so.......

Holy hell, that's a load of questions!

1. None, because well it's a networking role, so no real development. I guess you could say I used android SDK, but that's about it tbh
2. C and Java. Horrible stuff. Much prefer Cisco ios. Soo much nicer!
3. None. I don't know what that is lol
4. CCNA/College/University
5. Research, research, research. Also, YouTube and the Cisco ike videos are pretty funny :biggrin:
6. Erm, helping me learn more about networks, expand my knowledge on routers, LANS that sorta stuff
7. 2nd/3rd line support. Had my own business, basically tech support for family/friends and helping people online. Do remote management sometimes
8. Not necessarily just IT, but comms are important any where. Major strenght there lol. Being able to research. Weakeness, getting involved in something, and then getting a little bored somewhere through :biggrin:
9. Group work where we pretended to be a recruitment agency, going through jobs, cv's had to present our strategy etc..
10. Generally fixing network problems, working with enterprise kit, maybe sometimes going to other sites. General maintenance of the network.
11. Hmm getting to grips with servers more, cos I've not had much experience with servers I guess
12. Not massively, because Ill work with any one
13. Generally a "nice" team, where every one gets on, a lot of communication, no racism/sexism etc...
14. Well not a project per se, but Id say my business. Not many 16 year olds can say they ran their business
15. My what? Not relevant to job.
16. In the home, and at work. Sorting out home network, sorting other peoples computers out. Helping sort things out at work etc...
17. No idea. Not relevant however
18 - 23. N/A
24. Hmm probs Cisco connect. Tbh, it was useful, but I prefer to manually sort the router out, without the software.
26 - 29. N/A
30. This comes almost ENTIRELY down to costs imo, or if it's mission critical, you might want a private cloud at least, so that it's backed up in different locations
31. N/A
32. CIO, Arstechnica, YouTube, Facebook, Hexus, Engadget, Gizmodo,
33 - 34. Yup, but not relevant to role and tbh I hate programming :biggrin:
35. SAN's are amaazing! Well I don't know much about them, but they're like having storage in one area, distributed to every one on the network, giving them quotas, no need for servers, quick moving of data etc...
36. I assume it has something to do with data
37. Where you'd put your file servers, web servers etc... Like people can access them from outside, but you don't want them to access your internal network. Called demilitarised zone, because well they are "open" so to speak, but they can't get in your internal network
38 - 41
42. Not really relevant, but I'd say CCP. It's amaazing!
43 - 47. N/A
48. Trapping data, sending logs to admin. There are 5 types I think, but I forget what they are
49. Not sure
50. Honey pot, so that you have something open for hackers to try and hack in to, and then you find vulnerabilities on that, to try and secure your system down.

Those are somewhat limited in my replies, but you did give me like 50 questions, and I do need to head off to sleep :biggrin:
Holy hell, that's a load of questions!

1. None, because well it's a networking role, so no real development. I guess you could say I used android SDK, but that's about it tbh
2. C and Java. Horrible stuff. Much prefer Cisco ios. Soo much nicer!
3. None. I don't know what that is lol
4. CCNA/College/University
5. Research, research, research. Also, YouTube and the Cisco ike videos are pretty funny :biggrin:
6. Erm, helping me learn more about networks, expand my knowledge on routers, LANS that sorta stuff
7. 2nd/3rd line support. Had my own business, basically tech support for family/friends and helping people online. Do remote management sometimes
8. Not necessarily just IT, but comms are important any where. Major strenght there lol. Being able to research. Weakeness, getting involved in something, and then getting a little bored somewhere through :biggrin:
9. Group work where we pretended to be a recruitment agency, going through jobs, cv's had to present our strategy etc..
10. Generally fixing network problems, working with enterprise kit, maybe sometimes going to other sites. General maintenance of the network.
11. Hmm getting to grips with servers more, cos I've not had much experience with servers I guess
12. Not massively, because Ill work with any one
13. Generally a "nice" team, where every one gets on, a lot of communication, no racism/sexism etc...
14. Well not a project per se, but Id say my business. Not many 16 year olds can say they ran their business
15. My what? Not relevant to job.
16. In the home, and at work. Sorting out home network, sorting other peoples computers out. Helping sort things out at work etc...
17. No idea. Not relevant however
18 - 23. N/A
24. Hmm probs Cisco connect. Tbh, it was useful, but I prefer to manually sort the router out, without the software.
26 - 29. N/A
30. This comes almost ENTIRELY down to costs imo, or if it's mission critical, you might want a private cloud at least, so that it's backed up in different locations
31. N/A
32. CIO, Arstechnica, YouTube, Facebook, Hexus, Engadget, Gizmodo,
33 - 34. Yup, but not relevant to role and tbh I hate programming :biggrin:
35. SAN's are amaazing! Well I don't know much about them, but they're like having storage in one area, distributed to every one on the network, giving them quotas, no need for servers, quick moving of data etc...
36. I assume it has something to do with data
37. Where you'd put your file servers, web servers etc... Like people can access them from outside, but you don't want them to access your internal network. Called demilitarised zone, because well they are "open" so to speak, but they can't get in your internal network
38 - 41
42. Not really relevant, but I'd say CCP. It's amaazing!
43 - 47. N/A
48. Trapping data, sending logs to admin. There are 5 types I think, but I forget what they are
49. Not sure
50. Honey pot, so that you have something open for hackers to try and hack in to, and then you find vulnerabilities on that, to try and secure your system down.

Those are somewhat limited in my replies, but you did give me like 50 questions, and I do need to head off to sleep :biggrin:

wow
got these from the internet and hope they helped
GOOD LUCK!!!!

p.s. cant find the answers to these questions on the website so......
(edited 10 years ago)
wow
got these from the internet and hope they helped
GOOD LUCK!!!!

p.s. cant find the answers to these questions on the website so......

Yeah thought you did, cos there were a fair few that were unrelated, and thanks :smile:
Yeah thought you did, cos there were a fair few that were unrelated, and thanks :smile:

r u doubting my intelligence???
its ok just doing my duty as being the nicest, most MATUREST person on this thread EVER!!!
r u doubting my intelligence???
its ok just doing my duty as being the nicest, most MATUREST person on this thread EVER!!!

No no course not - just that I realised that these were pulled from an internet site, when it delved in to databases and programming as well. No one can do all three. To do all three, makes you some sort of hero or something :biggrin: And most people have their own area that they do, which then branches off in to little areas

Well I wouldn't call yourself those things, even if you are nice. Sorry, not the most mature though. Somewhat mature, but not *THE* most (Sorry)

And thanks however :smile: Im off to sleep :smile:
No no course not - just that I realised that these were pulled from an internet site, when it delved in to databases and programming as well. No one can do all three. To do all three, makes you some sort of hero or something :biggrin: And most people have their own area that they do, which then branches off in to little areas

Well I wouldn't call yourself those things, even if you are nice. Sorry, not the most mature though. Somewhat mature, but not *THE* most (Sorry)

And thanks however :smile: Im off to sleep :smile:

LOL

how did it go????
So bored....
So bored....

same but i have a reason to be......

FRENCH!!!

whats
ur reason????
same but i have a reason to be......

FRENCH!!!

whats
ur reason????

Cz I'm home alone :frown: and I'm tired of watching episodes on my laptop..nothing goods on tv either...:frown: but atleast I don't have to do French! LOL! Jk
Cz I'm home alone :frown: and I'm tired of watching episodes on my laptop..nothing goods on tv either...:frown: but atleast I don't have to do French! LOL! Jk

awww u can rave and do ****-i would!!! but hate it when theres nothing to do!!!
im serious!!! French is just sooo annoying and my teacher!!!!

Latest