The Student Room Group

Made my first baguette, and I realized subways is just TOO expensive now!

I just made my first baguette with turkey, tomato, lettuces, cheese and apple slices :sexface:

And I realized now that Subways is just TOO expensive! :eek:
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I realized that without making a sandwich.
Reply 2
Original post by Hippysnake
I realized that without making a sandwich.

I've never used a baguette of my own so I didn't know :redface:
True. I think the experience of sandwiches in school lunchboxes probably put most of us who had them off liking them, but actually if you make your own they can be really awesome (and cheap). Baguettes just make them even better.

It's ridiculous what you pay in shops / fast food places.
Reply 4
Original post by Octohedral
True. I think the experience of sandwiches in school lunchboxes probably put most of us who had them off liking them, but actually if you make your own they can be really awesome (and cheap). Baguettes just make them even better.

It's ridiculous what you pay in shops / fast food places.

Baguettes made it a lot sexier :tongue:
I feel like I'm in Paris having sex with the sammich maker :awesome:

I think thou would agree;
ipoop
x

Anyway, I'm trying to find one of those subways sauces; wondering where I can buy them; honey mustard is just gorgeous! :biggrin:
Reply 5
If you've only just found out that homemade is cheaper than fast food places, then you have a lot to learn in life.
thats awkward I find subway really cheap !!:colondollar:
You mean, you honestly never realised before that Subway is more expensive than making your own sandwich?

Subway is expensive even in the realms of retail sandwiches, let alone compared to making your own food :wtf:
Reply 8
Sadly, where I live, the opposite seems to be the case! That must be the reason for growing obesity rates.
But how do you toast it? And where do you get your chipotle sauce?
Reply 10
I know! :eek:

But it's really tasty! :yep:
It somehow neutralizes the salty taste of turkey and cheese; try it! :biggrin:

I bought a chicken baguette in a mall and noticed an apple slice on them and it turned out to be delicious, so that's why I put it in.

I typically make mine with bacon, melted cheese and tonnes of tomato ketchup :coma:

I'm going to try with mayo tomorrow; still trying to find the sauces.
(edited 11 years ago)
Where do you get the bread and is it as nice as Subway's? Subway bread is delicious.
Reply 12
Tbh, I've never even eaten in Subway lol.
Reply 13
Original post by Friar Chris
You mean, you honestly never realised before that Subway is more expensive than making your own sandwich?

Subway is expensive even in the realms of retail sandwiches, let alone compared to making your own food :wtf:

Well, I have never been big with sandwiches; most of the sandwiches came from the "normal bread" I used.
Reply 14
Original post by The_Last_Melon
Where do you get the bread and is it as nice as Subway's? Subway bread is delicious.

I just bought it in a store; the lady said to really put it inside a plastic bag and wrap it again with the paper bag or not the bread will be hardened.

Good question! I don't really know; somehow, they taste the same. I may be wrong.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by TimmonaPortella

I don't have neither :sad:
Reply 16
And yes, apple slices. Brie and apple sandwiches are common - OP has done something a little different though. :tongue:

George Foreman grill.

You can buy chipotle sauce at a supermarket.
Original post by tehforum

George Foreman grill.

But then you have to crush it down :sad:
Original post by tehforum
And yes, apple slices. Brie and apple sandwiches are common - OP has done something a little different though. :tongue:

I once had apple on a burger. It worked really, really well.
Reply 19
But then you have to crush it down :sad:

That's just an excuse for making a double sandwich aka a manwich to compensate!

OH MY GOODNESS

Quick Reply

Latest