The Student Room Group

when does usually universities issue CAS document?

I recently got my place confirmed and i didnt received any information. I was just wondering when the uni would give me my CAS as i have to apply for a visa and i only have 3 month left. Also is it ok to ask uní when will i get it or will i sound pushy?
Reply 1
Original post by hinata1234
I recently got my place confirmed and i didnt received any information. I was just wondering when the uni would give me my CAS as i have to apply for a visa and i only have 3 month left. Also is it ok to ask uní when will i get it or will i sound pushy?

hi your cas should be issued to you 3 months before your course start date. I’m sure that if you mail your uni’s CAS team - they’ll tell you the same thing. So i’d suggest not mailing them because it’ll just delay their response time.
I have been asked to upload a bunch of documents (financial evidence, handwritten statement, passport, accommodation details) for CAS on my applicant portal. I’d suggest you keep your financial documents ready - hope you know about the 28 day rule. Some of my friends have been invited to a CAS credibility interview. They’ll be asked to produce financial docs, where they plan to live, how they’ve acquired the funds, english proficiency, etc.
Reply 2
Dont worry - 3 months is plenty of time get your visa organised.
PS. Applicants accepted in Clearing manage to turn this around in 3 weeks.
Reply 3
Original post by ravenpri
hi your cas should be issued to you 3 months before your course start date. I’m sure that if you mail your uni’s CAS team - they’ll tell you the same thing. So i’d suggest not mailing them because it’ll just delay their response time.
I have been asked to upload a bunch of documents (financial evidence, handwritten statement, passport, accommodation details) for CAS on my applicant portal. I’d suggest you keep your financial documents ready - hope you know about the 28 day rule. Some of my friends have been invited to a CAS credibility interview. They’ll be asked to produce financial docs, where they plan to live, how they’ve acquired the funds, english proficiency, etc.

Hi! Thank you for de advice. I havent received any information from the uni since they confirmed my place so idk what documents exactly they want or anything about the 28 days. but I will just be patient and prepared myself a bit more
Reply 4
Original post by hinata1234
Hi! Thank you for de advice. I havent received any information from the uni since they confirmed my place so idk what documents exactly they want or anything about the 28 days. but I will just be patient and prepared myself a bit more

Are you an international student?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending