The Student Room Group

psychology g543 exam?? please help me. June10th

Hey everyone i thought i might start this thread. I have the g543 psychology exam on 10th june and i feel totally lost. im okay with the section a questions but hate the b ones. the thing i find difficult is evaluating the studies im each subsection (e.g. cognition) and was wondering if anyone has any documents where i can find the evaluation for the studies/sections. I would be extemely thankful
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
I'm doing that exam too. It's gonna be tough. There are SO many studies to remember. What two topic are you covering? We're covering Forensic and Health.
Reply 2
Original post by Secretnerd123
Hey everyone i thought i might start this thread. I have the g543 psychology exam on 10th june and i feel totally lost. im okay with the section a questions but hate the b ones. the thing i find difficult is evaluating the studies im each subsection (e.g. cognition) and was wondering if anyone has any documents where i can find the evaluation for the studies/sections. I would be extemely thankful

omggg im doing this exam too im absoultly crapping it.. im on the same page as you soo loost i get all confused when answering past paper Q.s :frown: if you find any docs that are usefull can u let me know plz an ofcourse i'll do the same!! cheers.
Original post by Cryl
I'm doing that exam too. It's gonna be tough. There are SO many studies to remember. What two topic are you covering? We're covering Forensic and Health.

same

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _iiGEO
omggg im doing this exam too im absoultly crapping it.. im on the same page as you soo loost i get all confused when answering past paper Q.s :frown: if you find any docs that are usefull can u let me know plz an ofcourse i'll do the same!! cheers.

def will! ive written down all the possible essays that can come up for each subsection (e.g evaluate the methods used in reaching a verdict) and will just read over them but ive counted and have to do 58! and ive made flashcards for all the studies so hopefully ill learn them. and im sure the exam will be easy! dont worry love :smile: its on my 18th though which makes it crappy haa

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
hey,
I'm doing the same as you guys- forensic and health psychology units. Love health, hate forensic, but that's just me. In terms of revision, I've gone through all the past questions and worked out what HASN'T come up and then made up questions for those topics in the style of previous exams etc. I've also started to work my way through all the previous questions as well. Hopefully, it'll give me a rounded view of what could come up on this exam. :smile:
Original post by ktsmiffy
hey,
I'm doing the same as you guys- forensic and health psychology units. Love health, hate forensic, but that's just me. In terms of revision, I've gone through all the past questions and worked out what HASN'T come up and then made up questions for those topics in the style of previous exams etc. I've also started to work my way through all the previous questions as well. Hopefully, it'll give me a rounded view of what could come up on this exam. :smile:

hey can you please tell us what you predict will come up as i would be grateful!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
yeah, no problem. I'll split it into the two sections- forensic and health- and then list the categories that haven't come up. You can find the studies etc from the textbook :smile:

Forensic:

Turning to Crime:
- 1.2 Learning from others
- 1.3 Poverty and disadvantaged neighborhoods
- 2.2 Moral Development and Crime

Making a Case:
- 1.1 Recognizing Faces
- 2.3 False Confessions

Reaching a Verdict:
- 1.2 Persuasion
- 2.2 Witness confidence
- 3.3 Minority influence

After a Guilty Verdict:
- 1.1 Planned behaviours once freed from jail
- 1.3 The prison situation and roles
- 2.2 Restorative justice
- 3.1 Cognitive Skills programmes

Health/ Clinical:

Healthy Living:
- 1.2 Locus of Control
- 2.2 Legislation
- 3.2 Measures of non-adherence
- 3.3 Improving adherence using behavioural methods

Stress:
- 1.3 Lack of control
- 2.3 Combined approach
- 3.2 Behavioural

Dysfunctional Behaviour:
- 2.1 Behavioural
- 2.3 Cognitive
- 3.1 Behavioural
- 3.2 Biological
- 3.3 Cognitive

Disorders:
- Explanations for a disorder- Cognitive/ Biological

I don't know if previous questions will come up or if these, that I've suggested, will either. But it's always useful to revise them! Good luck :smile:
Original post by ktsmiffy
yeah, no problem. I'll split it into the two sections- forensic and health- and then list the categories that haven't come up. You can find the studies etc from the textbook :smile:

Forensic:

Turning to Crime:
- 1.2 Learning from others
- 1.3 Poverty and disadvantaged neighborhoods
- 2.2 Moral Development and Crime

Making a Case:
- 1.1 Recognizing Faces
- 2.3 False Confessions

Reaching a Verdict:
- 1.2 Persuasion
- 2.2 Witness confidence
- 3.3 Minority influence

After a Guilty Verdict:
- 1.1 Planned behaviours once freed from jail
- 1.3 The prison situation and roles
- 2.2 Restorative justice
- 3.1 Cognitive Skills programmes

Health/ Clinical:

Healthy Living:
- 1.2 Locus of Control
- 2.2 Legislation
- 3.2 Measures of non-adherence
- 3.3 Improving adherence using behavioural methods

Stress:
- 1.3 Lack of control
- 2.3 Combined approach
- 3.2 Behavioural

Dysfunctional Behaviour:
- 2.1 Behavioural
- 2.3 Cognitive
- 3.1 Behavioural
- 3.2 Biological
- 3.3 Cognitive

Disorders:
- Explanations for a disorder- Cognitive/ Biological

I don't know if previous questions will come up or if these, that I've suggested, will either. But it's always useful to revise them! Good luck :smile:

thanks! is this for part a?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Yeah. I think it's a bit of guesswork what might come up for part b.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending