The Student Room Group

AQA PSYA3/PSYA4 Psychology Revision Thread 10th/17th June 2013

Hi everyone,
Thought I'd start a thread for the AQA A Psychology PSYA3/PSYA4 exams. PSYA3 will be on Mon 10/06/2013 & PSYA4 will be on Mon 17/06/2013.

I am taking both this June and I hope that we can all help one another with revision tips.

For PSYA3 im doing the following: Biological Rhythms, Perception & Intelligence

For PSYA4 im doing: Schizophrenia, Media & Research Methods

Good Luck to everyone this summer!
:smile:
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Doing PSYA4: Schizophrenia, Media and Research Methods. :smile:

Aiming for an A*...what is really annoying is that to get an A* I need to get an A*, but to get an A I need a low E. :s A LEVEL LOGIC!
Reply 2
OMG, I am doing the EXACT same ones as you in unit 4 :O

In unit 3 I did Eating, Aggression and Gender I got a B in that exam :smile:

Im re sitting unit 2 in may as was FUBARD

What do u think of these topics? Research methods isnt that bad tbh as I was told it was a killer. Media is really boring though :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by hafzaaa
OMG, I am doing the EXACT same ones as you in unit 4 :O

In unit 3 I did Eating, Aggression and Gender I got a B in that exam :smile:

Im re sitting unit 2 in may as was FUBARD

What do u think of these topics? Research methods isnt that bad tbh as I was told it was a killer. Media is really boring though :frown:

Hey. I think Research Methods is not too bad. At first glance of a past paper it's like WOAH, but once you start to look more into it you find that it's not that bad at all. My school did Unit 4 first in Jan. I got a C in that but I am retaking it - trying to get an A in it!
Reply 4
Original post by eelnais

Aiming for an A*...what is really annoying is that to get an A* I need to get an A*, but to get an A I need a low E. :s A LEVEL LOGIC!

Hey. I think the topics for unit 4 are not too bad. I actually like RM the most believe it or not. I'm aiming for an A* overall. If not that then definetely a minimum of an A.
Heheh, people aiming for A/A*s and I'll cry tears of happiness if I scrape a C/B.
Man, I have not enjoyed psychology at all, got a C overall at AS, and got a D in Psya3 this Jan. It's weird, because I get A's in my other two subjects, but I just can't seem to get my head around psychology essays :s-smilie:
I'm doing sleep, perception + relationships for psya3 and schizophrenia + addiction for psya4 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by GeoMash
Heheh, people aiming for A/A*s and I'll cry tears of happiness if I scrape a C/B.
Man, I have not enjoyed psychology at all, got a C overall at AS, and got a D in Psya3 this Jan. It's weird, because I get A's in my other two subjects, but I just can't seem to get my head around psychology essays :s-smilie:

aaah STORY OF MY LIFE BRO.
Reply 8
doing perception ,biol rhythms&sleep and aggression!
SOMEHOW got a D when i sat the exam in jan, so theyv been sent for a re-mark but still resitting ,exam technique let me down.aiming high this time!
Reply 9
What are peoples opinions on the difficultly of PSYA3 in comparison to PSYA4. Which do you think is the more challenging paper. In unit 1 I got an A unit 2-B unit 4-B so now i need 51ums out of 100 on unit 3 to come out with a B. I'm just panicking about not having enough time for each essay
Original post by Rumaanaa
aaah STORY OF MY LIFE BRO.

Original post by Rumaanaa
doing perception ,biol rhythms&sleep and aggression!
SOMEHOW got a D when i sat the exam in jan, so theyv been sent for a re-mark but still resitting ,exam technique let me down.aiming high this time!

Ah man, you don't know how much better that makes me feel to learn that I'm not the only one having difficulties with this course :smile:
Part of the reason I was getting so depressed over my result was because literally everyone, even people I'd consider *ahem* below me academically, were getting A's and B's! D:
Reply 11
Hi I'm re sitting psych 4...doing depression, addiction and obv research methods.
Does anybody have any predictions for questions on depression??
Also I'm finding research methods really hard my average mark is 19/35. Can anyone suggest any tips or useful websites where I can get help with research methods??
Original post by eelnais

SIimilar situation. I'm resitting sitting unit 1 aswell as 4 this summer and i need an average of 35ums to get B but 88 to get an A

Original post by kieran1502
What are peoples opinions on the difficultly of PSYA3 in comparison to PSYA4. Which do you think is the more challenging paper. In unit 1 I got an A unit 2-B unit 4-B so now i need 51ums out of 100 on unit 3 to come out with a B. I'm just panicking about not having enough time for each essay

You're on 229ums, why don't you aim for 91ums in unit 3 to get an A you lazy sod
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by CoolStoryBroo
SIimilar situation. I'm resitting sitting unit 1 aswell as 4 this summer and i need an average of 35ums to get B but 88 to get an A

You're on 229ums, why don't you aim for 91ums in unit 3 to get an A you lazy sod

Easier said than done, I'm finding there too much content and not enough time for this exam in comparison to the other 3 units.
Reply 14
I'm doing Eating Behaviour, Aggression and Cognitive Development for PSYA3 and Schizophrenia, Media (and obviously Research Methods) if anyone needs notes :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by superstahh
I'm doing Eating Behaviour, Aggression and Cognitive Development for PSYA3 and Schizophrenia, Media (and obviously Research Methods) if anyone needs notes :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am doing eating behaviour and aggression too. Panicking about eating behaviour in that I don't write enough. Have the holt and Lewis textbook and some notes out of a revision guide. Just covered attitudes to eating today and yesterday phew all done remembering it is so tough though. To keep it in my memory until June 10th. For psya4 I am doing addictive behaviour and depression plus research methods. Hoping there's less researchers names to learn there.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 16
Original post by cdoyle
I am doing eating behaviour and aggression too. Panicking about eating behaviour in that I don't write enough. Have the holt and Lewis textbook and some notes out of a revision guide. Just covered attitudes to eating today and yesterday phew all done remembering it is so tough though. To keep it in my memory until June 10th. For psya4 I am doing addictive behaviour and depression plus research methods. Hoping there's less researchers names to learn there.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Is it content you are worried about or just not writing enough in the time allowance? If you need some notes and some model essays for Eating I believe I can be of assistance :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
So how is everyone studying for PSYA3 so far? I'm trying to do model answers for possible questions...
Reply 18
Original post by mezzy07
So how is everyone studying for PSYA3 so far? I'm trying to do model answers for possible questions...

I'm writing perfect essays and learning them because I know if needs be I can apply content of one essay to another if needs be. Currently writing the essays and during Easter I'm starting to learn them. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by superstahh
Is it content you are worried about or just not writing enough in the time allowance? If you need some notes and some model essays for Eating I believe I can be of assistance :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! Can you pleaseeeee post notes or model essays for eating behaviour?! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest