The Student Room Group

AQA PSYA3/PSYA4 Psychology Revision Thread 10th/17th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by coolgirl1999
One past question was outline biological and psychological explanations of gender development! I know bio ones are like the role of genes and hormones and stuff but what on earth are the psychologyical ones?

psychological ones are the cognitive theories such as Kohlberg's theory and gender schema theory by Martin and Halverson. :smile:
Original post by Sophietoulson111
I reckon androgyny and gender dyporia or evolution for gender, it will have to be combined or jut an 8 marks on outline gender dysphoria - as there not much about from the psychological aspect which is be Coates of his bein metal illness related and in childhood having traumatic one, and this was on a case with a boy who had to put up with his mothers depression, and he delveoloped GID and supports was stoller with an over close mother and son relationship, however a criticism was by cole te al who stated out of 435 GID there wasn't any greater psychiatric condition than normal population. And biological explanations for GID is the environmental with DDT having oestrogen in it which can lead to males expose to female hormones and the AIS which you would bring in imperigo-mcginley who had the Bastia family, Ida is it maybe a cultural variation as different environments are exposed to different indivudals. reserach support is by vreugdenhil et al is the mothers who were exposed to dioxinspromotes oestrogen and th boys born showed more feminise play, but thats a cultral issue as it raised the qestion of what is feminine? other reseach support for hormones is zhou who found the BSTc in the hupothulmus female sized for male to female transexuals. also the Bastia family are unique as many of them in their family had the same condition, other Ida is that the explantions are both reductionist they don't bring in any extra arguments or approaches like biosocial, and therefore rejects the nature vs nurture debate, as none of them combine both biological and social factors

androgyny? that's not in the spec anymore :/
Gender dysphoria is and androgyny is important for GIS, and for bems study of biosocial critism of kohl berg
I'm pretty sure it still is as my lecture went to the aqa psychology exam board meeting where the discussed all the topics and papers and why it changed for 25 marks to 24
How many names are people revising for researchers, like per unit? I was thinking 3/4 per essay :dontknow:
Reply 365
Original post by bethanyfish
How many names are people revising for researchers, like per unit? I was thinking 3/4 per essay :dontknow:

I feel I have learnt like a million..... I remember someone saying to me they got an A and used 5. Since I have finished revising whatever I remember I remember.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 366
you dont need any names technically, to get an A, but it helps with the flow. im just remembering as many as possible
Reply 367
For aggression, someone please tell me institutional aggression wont come up......i hate that one the most, i feel least confident about that one!! D:
Reply 368
Original post by Dannii_x
For aggression, someone please tell me institutional aggression wont come up......i hate that one the most, i feel least confident about that one!! D:

came up jan 2012, but only as a 4 marker, so its possible, the most recent exam was jealousy and infidelity so that's the one i skipped.
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1370814200.228822.jpg hope this helps gender topic people.
Reply 370
Original post by C_Armstrongg
I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure that gender dysphoria and biosocial approach are combined, and the. Biosocial approach was jan 2013 as I did that...

Wow.. just checked the spec and you're right. That structure makes next to no sense to me - it would be much more logical on it's own.
Reply 371
Original post by Tim Kelly
Wow.. just checked the spec and you're right. That structure makes next to no sense to me - it would be much more logical on it's own.

but then again biosocial came up in the last paper so its not likely to be much of an issue
Reply 372
Original post by bluedate
Evolutionary came up in Jan and last June, I really hate it grrrrh
I only started revision for this exam today so I'm spending 4 hours before the exam in the morning cramming

Thank you and good luck to you too :biggrin:

yea I'm looking at the approaches on my way in, got evolutionary covered. hope it doesn't come up. hope cultural for gender doesn't come up either. Happy with anything for eating behaviour, maybe biological for aggression but wanting SLT/deindividuation sooooo bad. lol and for gender gender schema and Kohlberg's theory.
Original post by Tim Kelly

Yeah the spec changed the pic I posted a few posts before your reply may help...gender dysphoria can be asked with biosocial or as a topic on its own. So flipping confusing ImageUploadedByStudent Room1370814881.610798.jpg
Reply 374
Yeah the spec changed the pic I posted a few posts before your reply may help...gender dysphoria can be asked with biosocial or as a topic on its own. So flipping confusing ImageUploadedByStudent Room1370814881.610798.jpg

So despite the fact it can be asked for specifically, it's unlikely to because biosocial came up in January?
Basically if its going to come up it will be a 24, unless aqa are not very nice and change it to a question on biosocial AND gender dysphoria for 24. Best guess is learn a few points of gender dysphoria and evaluation in case it does come up as 24 singly. But I'm not bothering about biosocial :/
Reply 376
Basically if its going to come up it will be a 24, unless aqa are not very nice and change it to a question on biosocial AND gender dysphoria for 24. Best guess is learn a few points of gender dysphoria and evaluation in case it does come up as 24 singly. But I'm not bothering about biosocial :/

Ah ok. I only ask cos I thought GD was one of my strongest sections of gender. :s-smilie:
Original post by gsurman1
That's the exact same as me!!!!!!!!
I've done an essay plan and an essay for each topic but nothing's staying in my head... I seriously can't afford to get a U again this time when I already have 2 D's :frown: why must I be so stupid!

Yeah I've done mindmaps, cards, essay plan and everything but nothing seems to stay! Unlike in january when i thought i did okay! Hopefully it will all come back in the exam. Yeah i have a B in unit 3 but as I'm resitting unit 1 as it was a E as well i really cant screw this one up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 378
Does anyone know the likeliness that 'Group Display as an adaptive response' in Aggression will come up? I know that they only have that page in some books and not others...
Original post by Dannii_x
Does anyone know the likeliness that 'Group Display as an adaptive response' in Aggression will come up? I know that they only have that page in some books and not others...

I've put group displays in general as a possibility for tomorrow as the last time it came up was 2012 :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending