The Student Room Group
Library, University of East London
University of East London
London
Visit website

Surrounding area of UEL Docklands Campus - what is it?

Just got back from a teaser/open day at the Docklands campus, and am pleased to say it was successful.
Only thing i didnt get a chance to look at was its surrounding local area.
What is there?
-Part time job probably needed, are there local shops/bars/centers for these without needing to take the DLR?
-i ride a bike, so is there a good cycle route etc?
-can i just walk out the campus, not take a bus, nor a train and be in a public 'hotspot'?

Im sure not just me will benefit from this thread, so please, anyone and everyones help would be great!

:smile:
Reply 1
I lived in Beckton for a short while whilst I was working at London 2012.... Although most of my time was spent between: the Cruise Ship we were put up on , The DLR Station and Stratford... I lived pretty close to the UEL Campus... It was either a walk or a DLR train ride away (1 stop or so I think)

The place isn't too bad. It seems safe. Although I only been to Cyprus once (Cyprus is the name of the area where the campus is located) I noticed there isn't much once you walk out the station.... if anything it is all residential and maybe a few corner shops if anything.

If you are looking for a public hotspot/ somewhere to work etc etc you WILL need the DLR as everything is at Gallions Reach (nearby place ...probably 5-7 mins DLR ride)

or you can head further in say to Canning Town maybe? :smile:

I cannot comment about cycle routes round there sorry :smile:

Hope this helps
Library, University of East London
University of East London
London
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending