The Student Room Group

Who is your favourite British politician and why?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I don't actually have one in particular, but just wanted to say I mis-read the thread title as "policeman" and thought it kinda quaint. :colondollar:
/Offtopic.

Unfortunately anyone I once admired has managed to disappoint me in some way or another!
Either Prescott or Mandelson. Don't support Labour but the two of them are just brilliant. Prescott doesn't care what he says and Mandelson is portrayed like the devil incarnate. Brilliant stuff.
I suppose Boris, if anything. He comes second as best host for Have I Got News For You after Brian Blessed.

Original post by King Kebab
contest_bear.jpg

That's the joke.
Reply 63
Original post by PythianLegume
inb4 Meenu and Boris Johnson :colone:

Nigel Farage.
Reply 64
Enoch Powell.
Predicted What is happening with immigration right now.
Original post by HamBtr
I personally really love George Galloway. He's really honest and trustworthy.

"I admire your strength, your courage, your indefatigability".

Said your "honest and trustworthy" politician to one butcher named Saddam Hussein.
Diane Abbott
Reply 67
Original post by Ezekiella
Personally I'm a big fan of Boris Johnson because he's pretty cool, but would be really interesting to see what everyone here thinks :biggrin:

Fire away :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Iron Lady
Why Tony Blair?

Theresa May for being a very competent lady who works very hard and she seems like a nice person; genuine.
Original post by Hannibal Lecter
Diane Abbott

She has a very supersilious aire like shes above you. She does that eye rolling more than is necessary.
Original post by OrcFromOrgrimmar
Gordon Brown as he happens to share my race.

Glory to the Horde! :mob:

I liked that he carried plastic bags with his notes in instead of buying a canvas bag to university.
Tony Benn for being a wise sage
Reply 72
Nigel Farage, he is the only pro-croatian politician in the UK and a great friend of Croatia. The first after Margareth Thatcher.
Reply 73
Original post by fayemx
MacMillian 1957-63. Tory left-wing. He was a public school boy who actually understood the meaning of representing the people. all of the people.

Your comment actually made me decide to research Harold MacMillian and after reading up on him I must admit he is the most likeable post war Tory PM.
Love Clement Attlee, the most modest Prime Minister ever! And who could not love his bald little head!!!!
Reply 75
Original post by Hannibal Lecter
Diane Abbott

Really?!
Reply 76
I always liked Gordon Brown
Reply 77
Charles Grey - PM who brought through the reform of 1832 (I think that's the right year, i'm no historian) and the abolition of slavery in the empire sometime after.

...Best known as 'That guy who Earl Grey tea is named after' :tongue:
Reply 78
[video="youtube;eskOKb4t8Ac"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eskOKb4t8Ac[/video]

Underated/10

In all honesty, probably David Lloyd George. Gladstone and Disraeli are also contenders; however their flaws are what make them decidedly below DLG.
Reply 79
Original post by Orthrus
Charles Grey - PM who brought through the reform of 1832 (I think that's the right year, i'm no historian) and the abolition of slavery in the empire sometime after.

...Best known as 'That guy who Earl Grey tea is named after' :tongue:

Slavary was abolished in 1807, I believe; not sure if the Empire was subject to different rules to Great Britain, though.
Edit: Nvm, just read that it was completely abolished in 1833; only trade was abolished in 1807. :colondollar:
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending