The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Scroll to see replies

Hey, I've had problems with my accommodation even though I applied the earliest that I could and I'm probably going to have to live at home now. I was just wondering if it's going to make it harder now for me to make new friends and get involved with freshers week?
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by gabriellam
Hey, I've had problems with my accommodation even though I applied the earliest that I could and I'm probably going to have to live at home now. I was just wondering if it's going to make it harder now for me to make new friends and get involved with freshers week?

It might make it harder to make friends in the first week cause alot of people with have shared accomadation with other students but I think once courses start you'll be fine, and maybe join a few societies and meet people that way
What's the accomadation peoples phone number?
Original post by cndy0214
Anyone applied for Norwood but got Eastwood ?

I put Eastwood as my 1st and 2nd choice and I got my third choice....:frown:
Original post by Laurieejade
What's the accomadation peoples phone number?

Original post by Laurieejade
I put Eastwood as my 1st and 2nd choice and I got my third choice....:frown:

I'm not sure of the number I'm afraid, google search? It's definitely worth giving them a call.
For those looking for private sector accom. have you been looking on the student hub or just leaving it and turning up at the house hunting event?
I read on the accommodation pages that insurance is included with your uni rooms, but do you have to confirm it anywhere? I saw the mention of endsleigh but am unsure about whether that's just for extended cover. Thanks :smile:
For the house hunting day tomorrow, what time should we arrive? It says key are available at 2:00 but im not sure if we should arrive earlier...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 328
Original post by RibenaRockstar
Last year I applied as soon as it opened in April for accommodation, and I got my Norwood place on the 5th of September. Calm down.

Do you know what the communal showers/bathrooms are like in Brendon Court ?

Are they individual in a separate kind of room like in the pictures here http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/ug/accommodation/types/campus/brendon-court/index.html

or are they all in one room together with a shower curtain instead of a door ?

Thanks
Original post by Telley95
Do you know what the communal showers/bathrooms are like in Brendon Court ?

Are they individual in a separate kind of room like in the pictures here http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/ug/accommodation/types/campus/brendon-court/index.html

or are they all in one room together with a shower curtain instead of a door ?

Thanks

I would imagine in separate rooms like they are in Norwood, but I've never been into Brendon I'm afraid.
Thought I was going to be told my accommodation then but it was just an email to ask if I still wanted accommodation. I just want to know where I am going to be living! Got my hopes up then!
Reply 331
Going to the house-hunting weekend tomorrow, really hoping I can get everything sorted tomorrow as otherwise it'll be getting seriously close to the start of term without accommodation :s-smilie:
Original post by jilebinator
For the house hunting day tomorrow, what time should we arrive? It says key are available at 2:00 but im not sure if we should arrive earlier...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd say the earlier the better. I doubt there will be anything on before the time they told you to but buses to campus can be a bit flaky out of term times and if you're early then it's just more time to explore :smile:
Original post by JTP94
Going to the house-hunting weekend tomorrow, really hoping I can get everything sorted tomorrow as otherwise it'll be getting seriously close to the start of term without accommodation :s-smilie:

My son is there as we speak. He had to travel down today as it is approx a 4 hour train journey to Bath from where we live. Really hope he gets some accommodation sorted before he returns home on Sunday :redface:
Reply 334
Hi, I applied to the accommodation at the 1st of September as bath was my insurance choice and my firm one only replied to me on the 30th of August. I heard about the private houses hunting but today I couldn't go! Is there any possible way to get a place without going to there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hope everyone managed to find people/a house for this year!

Original post by Sara soso
Hi, I applied to the accommodation at the 1st of September as bath was my insurance choice and my firm one only replied to me on the 30th of August. I heard about the private houses hunting but today I couldn't go! Is there any possible way to get a place without going to there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Look in the forum section and there should be people who are looking for an extra housemate.
I wish Bath would tell me where I am living already!
AnyWhowwwHeHhhhwwwwwhhhhhello!who is my roommate in Eastwood 02.01 shared room ? :P
Original post by miss_kristin
AnyWhowwwHeHhhhwwwwwhhhhhello!who is my roommate in Eastwood 02.01 shared room ? :P

I still haven't heard :frown: Do you know what the deal is with shared rooms? I know there temporary, does that mean one of the people gets to keep the room? And where would they put you after?
Reply 339
Original post by firebolt
I still haven't heard :frown: Do you know what the deal is with shared rooms? I know there temporary, does that mean one of the people gets to keep the room? And where would they put you after?

They're definitely not temporary, it's just that those who are sharing a room are the first to be considered for a single room if somebody who has one drops out of uni. I have been given a shared room and I have been looking into house sharing as an alternative, but it is so hard to find flatmates! Has anybody been given a shared room in Woodland Court?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest