The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Exams - 20th and 23rd May 2013 *OFFICAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by astarlover
If anyone wants an essay on Curleys wife for OMAM, I have one that's just been marked an A* that I'd be happy to share x

Please share!! :smile:
Reply 421
Original post by Chicago
No the Gerald question was how do you respond to him but this year it will be a quote from him then it will ask how does Priestley present xyz ...

How do you know?
Reply 422
If anyone wants an essay on Curleys wife for OMAM, I have one that's just been marked an A* that I'd be happy to share x

I beg you let me look at it, I'm in desperate needs?
Reply 423
Does anyone have any an inspector calls A* essays? Please please please share!!!
Original post by iceangel8
That's such a shame!!! I think you've made a mistake Curley's Wife HAS come up and Curley hasn't I'm afraid! I'm doing AIC too and I'm thinking those and maybe Eric as well. They'll probably be cleaver and do Eva/Edna we'll see...

Haha yeah I went through the past papers and she did come up.I just accidentally forgot to see that past paper.And yeah I think it's either Eric or Eva Smith.Cause the others came up but who knows they might use the same characters but change the question.Hope it's Eric though!

Yes please I'd be very grateful, I need to know what an A* answer is like! :smile:
Reply 426
Does anyone have any Crucible revision notes that they can share?
Original post by BP_Tranquility
How much time do you recommend you should allocate to each part of that question?

I always try to do an equal amount of time on each, about 20 minutes per question.
Reply 428
has anyone been on this website : http://www.gradesaver.com/

it is amazing!!!

i just complied a load of OMAM and LOTF notes
it is really really good.... plus it does all of the novels/plays we are doing

i highly recommend using it

i created an OMAM pdf with it all
and a LOTF one

they are attached

my old post with a load of stuff : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2309658&page=14&p=42653777#post42653777

Ryan
Reply 429

Yes! can you please share it , that will be so much help , thank you !
Original post by Chicago
No the Gerald question was how do you respond to him but this year it will be a quote from him then it will ask how does Priestley present xyz ...

How do you know this..........
Reply 431
Original post by Chicago
100% sure that Gerald is coming up this year. This is according to one of the chief examiners I'm related to

Are you definitley sure??
Reply 432
Original post by Chicago
100% sure that Gerald is coming up this year. This is according to one of the chief examiners I'm related to

Do you know what the other question could possibly be?
Reply 433

:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:
These are two websites which I've found incredibly useful- :smile:

SparkNotes-
http://www.sparknotes.com/

Shmoop-
http://www.shmoop.com/

And this video was incredibly useful for Of Mice and Men:
[video="youtube;D-bD2r_S8hM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-bD2r_S8hM[/video]

Please can you share it with me as well, as I'd be quite interested :smile:
Reply 436
Does anyone have any notes on the structure for The Crucible? I'm stumped..
Happy to give advice on other points on the Crucible though :smile:
Reply 437
Hey guys, some people have been speculating about Slim coming up in the OMAM question, so I've made a practice question for everyone just in case:

a) Read pages 55 to 56 from "A tall man stood in the doorway." on page 55 to "You the new guys?" on page 56. How does Steinbeck present Slim as someone of importance?

b) In the rest of the novel, what is the importance of Slim in the story?

30 marks.
SPaG: 4 marks.

Sorry the questions aren't perfect, I'm no exam writer. The questions are also quite hard, but it's always best to prepare for the worst so you aren't shocked at the difficulty of the question when you open the exam. Best of luck everyone. :smile:

Edit: If you really want a challenge, time yourself and see if you can get it done in the time you should allocate to it in the exam (about 45 minutes).

P.S: Feel free to adapt the questions in any way if you think you can improve them.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 438
Hey guys,

Does anyone know what the Character and Voice questions were in January 2013 for the poetry exam???! I think it was Singh Song and Horse Whisperer, but I can't be sure...
Original post by Tempy
Hey guys,

Does anyone know what the Character and Voice questions were in January 2013 for the poetry exam???! I think it was Singh Song and Horse Whisperer, but I can't be sure...

Yep, it was how are feelings and ideas presented in the Horse Whisperer and how is an interesting character presented in Singh Song :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending