The Student Room Group

A* students, How did you do it?

How did you do it?

Advice, stories, your motivation?

Thanks!

A levels mainly please; Sciences especially!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Past papers are the key to success. Also, make sure you understand everything - just knowing everything won't be enough.
Reply 2
Listened in lessons, read through the textbooks before exams, and didn't panic.

I'm also good friends with a genie :colonhash:
Reply 3
The key is to answer the questions correctly.
Reply 4
you talking about GCSE or A level?

basically all exam technique. only use your left brain. dont question the validity of the information. do that and youll be a great slave :smile:
Listening and concentrating in class in the ultimate trick to success. Being taught by a teacher is so much more effective than independent revision.
Original post by Chlorophile
Listening and concentrating in class in the ultimate trick to success. Being taught by a teacher is so much more effective than independent revision.

But what if your teachers are crap?
Reply 7
So scared of the new linear GCSE's at the moment. I should start revising for next year if I want to get an A*.:tongue:
Reply 8
Original post by saltyjohn1
How did you do it?

Advice, stories, your motivation?

Thanks!

Make sure you don't have a social life!
Revise over the summer to make sure you cover way in advance!
Set yourself sensible deadlines and stick to them :smile:
Original post by tazmaniac97

Study at home!
I only attended a hand full of Maths A-level lessons and i got an A*
Original post by tazmaniac97

The point of learning is to understand a subject. Revision is simply meant to be going over untied ends and memorizing critical facts for the exam and practicing exam technique. If you're in the unfortunate circumstance of having a bad teacher, you really ought to be proactive and make an extra effort to understand the things at the same time as when you're meant to be learning in class.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending