Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How did you do it?

Advice, stories, your motivation?

Thanks!

A levels mainly please; Sciences especially!

ReputationRep:
    Past papers are the key to success. Also, make sure you understand everything - just knowing everything won't be enough.

Listened in lessons, read through the textbooks before exams, and didn't panic.

I'm also good friends with a genie

ReputationRep:
    The key is to answer the questions correctly.

ReputationRep:
    you talking about GCSE or A level?

basically all exam technique. only use your left brain. dont question the validity of the information. do that and youll be a great slave
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Listening and concentrating in class in the ultimate trick to success. Being taught by a teacher is so much more effective than independent revision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chlorophile)
    Listening and concentrating in class in the ultimate trick to success. Being taught by a teacher is so much more effective than independent revision.
    But what if your teachers are crap?

ReputationRep:
    So scared of the new linear GCSE's at the moment. I should start revising for next year if I want to get an A*.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saltyjohn1)
    How did you do it?

Advice, stories, your motivation?

Thanks!
    Make sure you don't have a social life!
    Revise over the summer to make sure you cover way in advance!
    Set yourself sensible deadlines and stick to them
    (Original post by tazmaniac97)
    Study at home!
    I only attended a hand full of Maths A-level lessons and i got an A*
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by tazmaniac97)
    The point of learning is to understand a subject. Revision is simply meant to be going over untied ends and memorizing critical facts for the exam and practicing exam technique. If you're in the unfortunate circumstance of having a bad teacher, you really ought to be proactive and make an extra effort to understand the things at the same time as when you're meant to be learning in class.

ReputationRep:
    read through some of these answers:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...hare+your+tips

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.