The Student Room Group

How do you add a maintenance loan to student finance in January?

I applied for Student Finance in early 2023 for my 2023/2024 year and it was completed, I didn't apply for a maintenance loan at the time but now I want to

I tried looking online on how to do it but cant find any thread that specifically says how its done, like where do I look on the site?
Original post by eddytronpie
I applied for Student Finance in early 2023 for my 2023/2024 year and it was completed, I didn't apply for a maintenance loan at the time but now I want to

I tried looking online on how to do it but cant find any thread that specifically says how its done, like where do I look on the site?

Hi there,

What type of application did you apply on? Are you looking for the standard or the higher rate of Maintenance Loan? Thanks, Ross
Reply 2
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi there,

What type of application did you apply on? Are you looking for the standard or the higher rate of Maintenance Loan? Thanks, Ross

My type of application so far is a Tuition Fee loan for the year 2023/2024, its an undergraduate application.
I am looking for the Standard Maintenance Loan however I have no idea how to add it on to my current application
(edited 2 months ago)
My type of application so far is a Tuition Fee loan for the year 2023/2024, its an undergraduate application.
I am looking for the Standard Maintenance Loan however I have no idea how to add it on to my current application

Hi Eddy,

Did you apply as a home student or Eu student?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 4
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi Eddy,

Did you apply as a home student or Eu student?

Thanks,
Claire

I am a national student as far as I am aware, I was born in this country too, don't remember anything about EU as I am not an EU student
I am a national student as far as I am aware, I was born in this country too, don't remember anything about EU as I am not an EU student

If you have applied as a home student you can apply online in your account for the Maintenance Loan. If you click on your application, change my application and loan amount. If you can't do this change online, it will give you the option to print off the Maintenance Loan Request Form. Complete and upload online in your account under the evidence upload option. This link shows you how here https://youtu.be/rOMx_EG5JWk

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 6
Original post by Claire SFE
If you have applied as a home student you can apply online in your account for the Maintenance Loan. If you click on your application, change my application and loan amount. If you can't do this change online, it will give you the option to print off the Maintenance Loan Request Form. Complete and upload online in your account under the evidence upload option. This link shows you how here https://youtu.be/rOMx_EG5JWk

Thanks,
Claire

Found the part where I can change my application and done this, thank you! It now says it processing the application, just wanted to ask is this normal? just want to make sure I am doing everything okay

Hi there,

Did you apply as a UK national or EU national? How old are you and would you want to apply for the basic amount or higher rate of Maintenance Loan?

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending