The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Accommodation Help - Halls or Residence?

Hey there,

I'm an offer holder for English literature at King's, and I'm torn between several of the accommodation choices. Firstly I'm not sure whether to choose between catered or self-catered, and within those options I'm stuck between a few.

So my main question is: How much cheaper is catered accommodation? I know at face value it's more expensive of course, but factoring in the cost of feeding yourself, is it better value to choose catered halls over self-catered?

On a more specific note, can anyone give me some advice on the following catered halls? International, Commonwealth, Hughes Parry, and Canterbury. They're my 4 biggest choices, and I'd like to know any major downsides to them that the brochure tactically omitted.

And for Self-catered residences, can anyone give some opinion on the following? Wolfson, Brian Creamer, The Rectory.

Personally, I'd much rather self-catered, as that gives me a sense of more freedom, and makes me feel less like I'm at a boarding school. But I have to keep costs low; it's bad enough I'm studying in London! Any advice on any of the questions would make me happier than a pig in filth.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest