The Student Room Group

i'm scared of my english literature exam on friday

:argh:

pride and prejudice
death of a salesmen
blake

it's not that i dont care about the subject, it's just got compressed by the more immediate importance of biology, chemistry and maths and so i have not done nearly enough revision for it.

i've havent learned enough quotes from the poems and play and knows that this exam is going to be my toughest.

what can i do to ensure i get a decent grade at As level?

last time, i got a E in pride and prejudice which needless to say unbalanced me
:stupido2:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm doing:

A Streetcar Named Desire
Poetry Anthology
Emma

And i have to say i am scared ****less too mate, im in the same situation, i just done my stats exam and now have to concentrate on english in these two days, :eek: its madness, and im struggling with Emma, damn its hard, i heard Pride and Prejudice is better, cos Emma is well... Boring mostly lol. But Streetcar is an amazing play. Thats what im good at, but i cant remember my damn poetry or emma!

Anyone who sees this, and does our texts... HELP PLEASE! :biggrin:
Reply 2
I'm in the same boat, feel totally unprepared. I'm doing
Waterland (possibly the worst book to be examined on ever)
Look Back in Anger
Blake

By the way, you don't need to know too many quotes for your drama, because the only Assessment objectives you're tested on are the ones requiring knowledge, understanding and insight and understanding of contexts.
Reply 3
Im doing Hard Time, Poetry and Streetcar.... I haven't done any revision which isn't a problem, I never do any till the day before, but my step dad left today (my parents decided on Monday they're getting divorced) and I haven't really slept properly.... I'm bricking it about this exam, I've got an A in the coursework but if I get a bad question Im screwed....
I'm dreading it, I'm doing the Poetry Anthology, Top Girls & Return of the Native. I've been cramming for Psychology this past week so I've not had a lot of time for English. I'm praying for a miracle &/or easy questions.
Reply 5
Shame in english is that there is no definite anwser like in maths and in chem, i know it can be pretty cool and free flowing as you wish but... It's so much easier to do maths and chem in my opinion :biggrin: lol

But you gotta love drama and poetry ^-^ (well they are my favourite parts!)
Why have you been worrying about remembering quotes from the play and poems. These are open book right?
Reply 7
I am worried, as we haven't been taught that well...

I am doing:
Antony and Cleopatra
Jane Eyre
Tony Harrison poems
Reply 8
hey I'm doind the subjects as you!

And yea, this is the one im dreading the most, mostly coz I was doing all well, getting A's until my mod in january, when I did terrible, so having to retake and yea, dreading it, especially spies

xxxx
Reply 9
I need a miracle :frown:
Reply 10
everyone wil be fine hopefully

hey nickim im also doing tony hariison

his poems are really cool

my teacher said he kinda has a feeling which poems might come up

good luckl everyone

:hugs:
Reply 11
Rahmara - I think his poems are well written but I don't especially like them.

I have just PMed you - which poems may come up? Also, do you have to refer to context/critic's views?
Reply 12
Astudentinneed
:argh:

pride and prejudice
death of a salesmen
blake

:stupido2:

i id pride and prejudice for my english courseowrk

i lvoe that novel

its really cool

just thought id say again

good luck to you all

Reply 13
NickiM
Rahmara - I think his poems are well written but I don't especially like them.

I have just PMed you - which poems may come up? Also, do you have to refer to context/critic's views?

yh well threre really cool

right, V has never come up in the past

my teacher thinks it might come up and it might say to focus on vandlaism etc

a main theme

and erm im sure you have to write about the context

we did like practise ones in college

teacher said we have to include loads of things

:rolleyes: :confused:

but nicki thats what my teacher said, not me

i wish i was an examiner :rolleyes:
Reply 14
I hope it goes ok!! :s-smilie: *worried*
Reply 15
NickiM
I hope it goes ok!! :s-smilie: *worried*

aww

youll be fine

hope i was helpful! :rolleyes:
Reply 16
burnthepaedos
Why have you been worrying about remembering quotes from the play and poems. These are open book right?

Well, I don't know about other exam boards, but on AQA B the poetry/drama exam is the closed book exam, while the novel is open book.
Reply 17
i'm doing Wise Children, A Woman of No Importance and Beowulf. So far, i've not seen anyone else doing the same combination. I'm so worried, Wise Children is closed book and i don't know enough quotes. Am just looking forward to this time tomorrow..aaahhh :biggrin:
Reply 18
hell_o
i'm doing Wise Children, A Woman of No Importance and Beowulf. So far, i've not seen anyone else doing the same combination. I'm so worried, Wise Children is closed book and i don't know enough quotes. Am just looking forward to this time tomorrow..aaahhh :biggrin:

lol, speak for yourself. Personally I'm dreading this time tomorrow, by which time I will be incredibly moody due to sleep deprivation, and incredibly depressed due to doing awful in the exam.
Reply 19
o i'll be depressed, for about half an hour after the exam ends, then i just forget about it cos there's nothing i can do :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending