The Student Room Group
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London

Interview at university of west London adult nursing

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Siobhan87
Anglia Ruskin, I'd be happy to accept it now, I really liked it there on the interview day. I've never been to Reading or seen West London University before though so maybe I'll love it there even more! I'm just keeping my options open for now! :smile:

Wow, that's exciting for you, best of luck on the course! You're starting in February aren't you?

Yeah I start February, exciting times. Anglia starts in March, right? Well good luck at UWL and may you choose the right one for you.
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London
I have applied for university of west london can anyone explain me about the interview
Reply 22
Hi ya,
What have you applied to, BSc or PGDip? Nursing or Midwifery?
Assessment Day and interview day were held on 2 seperate days. The maths was pretty basic real life scenario questions requiring multiplication, addition, subtraction, converting ml to L, mg to g, fractions to decimals, ratio. Also, prepare for calculating 'areas' and perimeter. As for English, we were asked to summarise one of the two articles that they directed us to read in preparation for the test. We were not provided with a copy on the day so be sure you read and understand one of the articles before hand.
Successful candidates from the test day were notified the following day and were asked to attend interview a week later. Interview was relaxed too, the tutors were very nice and warm.
Good luck with your application.
Hello joyfull,
Thank you very much for the quick reply. I have applied for Bsc adult nursing. I am clear about the maths but bit confuse about english. So for english we just have to summarise the articles or do we have to write an essay / comperhension as well. And on interview what are they really looking for.
Many thanks
Reply 24
Hi all, I hope everyone is well. I have applied to do a PGDip in Adult nursing at UWL and I hadn't heard anything from them until today. Now they have sent me a pre-health screening form to fill in. Has anyone else had to do this? I've tried calling them to ask but I can't get through.

Thanks
Reply 25
Original post by salina brock
Hello joyfull,
Thank you very much for the quick reply. I have applied for Bsc adult nursing. I am clear about the maths but bit confuse about english. So for english we just have to summarise the articles or do we have to write an essay / comperhension as well. And on interview what are they really looking for.
Many thanks

You just choose one article and summerise it. You'll need to know it quite well because you won't get a copy of the article on the day. On my test day there seemed to be a lot of confusion over this because a lot of people didn't realise they wouldn't have the article in front of them.

I found the building really hard to find, even though my GPS on my phone took me almost right outside it, I didn't recognise it because its so small and there's no signage or anything saying UWL.
Reply 26
I have assessment with West London Tomorrow. Sounds like interviews are coming quick then. What kind of questions do they ask??? I am not worried about the assessment as much as i am for the interview. Did they give you unconditional or conditional offer , what grades are they expecting?
Original post by joyfull
Hi ya, it went well. I go an offer today. Assessment Day was very relaxed, you will get away wearing jeans, I wore jeans. The maths was pretty basic real life scenario questions requiring multiplication, addition, subtraction, converting ml to L, mg to g, fractions to decimals, ratio. Also, prepare for calculating 'areas' and perimeter.
As for English, we were asked to summarise one of the two articles that they directed us to read in preparation for the test. We were not provided with a copy on the day so be sure you read and understand one of the articles before hand.
Successful candidates were notified the following day and were asked to attend interview a week later. Interview was relaxed too, the tutors were very nice and warm, they seem to have a relaxed culture there. Dress code for interview was a bit more formal.
How did your other assessment go? Wish you all the best.

Hello! Did you have to take the written reference with you? I have an interview soon and in their web page says something about a second reference from employer. Thanx in advance
hi all i got maths and english test on 10 of april and would like to ask again about the english so, how many words did u all wrote as they said no word limit. And for maths how are the question like..
thank a lot
Reply 29
Original post by May&July
Hello! Did you have to take the written reference with you? I have an interview soon and in their web page says something about a second reference from employer. Thanx in advance

Yes they asked to bring 2nd reference but some people didn't. They had an opportunity to send it later. All the best.
Reply 30
Original post by salina brock
hi all i got maths and english test on 10 of april and would like to ask again about the english so, how many words did u all wrote as they said no word limit. And for maths how are the question like..
thank a lot

English was to summarise an article in your own words. You will get a link to 2 articles from them in your interview invitation. You are to read and understand any one you prefer, on the test day you will have to summarise it off hand (note, you will not be provided with a copy on that day). There is no word limit but general rule with summary is to write it with as less words as possible, stick to the key points only/the actual message in the article.
As for the maths they were basic level 2 subtraction, addition, multiplication, percentage, ratio, decimal, finding perimeters. Also, brush up on conversion table I.e. converting mg to grams, ml to litter etc. All the best.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 31
Original post by joyfull
English was to summarise an article in your own words. You will get a link to 2 articles from them in your interview invitation. You are to read and understand any one you prefer, on the test day you will have to summarise it off hand (note, you will not be provided with a copy on that day). There is no word limit but general rule with summary is to write it with as less words as possible, stick to the key points only/the actual message in the article.
As for the maths they were basic level 2 subtraction, addition, multiplication, percentage, ratio, decimal, finding perimeters. Also, brush up on conversion table I.e. converting mg to grams, ml to litter etc. All the best.

Hi there , I myself have a assessment day at UWL , so the English can you choose the article you want to do from the two? I'm very nervous about the maths assessment due to me having no GCSE with maths I've always struggled and had a learning difficulty with maths! Hope to hear from you soon
Reply 32
Also is the maths test on the computer or paper? :smile:
Reply 33
Original post by Rosess
Hi there , I myself have a assessment day at UWL , so the English can you choose the article you want to do from the two? I'm very nervous about the maths assessment due to me having no GCSE with maths I've always struggled and had a learning difficulty with maths! Hope to hear from you soon

Yes you will be allowed to choose the one you prefer. Try practicing your maths on snaps nhs website, you get similar type of maths. All the best.
Reply 34
Hello all! Is anyone who's had already an interview and remembers how is group problem-solving activity and an individual interview structured and what's the main topic of those conversations? I would appreciate your help in this matter.
(edited 10 years ago)
How long did it take to get an offer after te interview?
Reply 36
Anyone know what the group activity involves?? I'm getting really nervous, individual interview i can handle, but i can't find any information about the group activity?!
Hi joyfull,
About the literacy test, do we have to prepare the both articles they gave to us or we can choose any one of them ourselves for the test ?
Original post by Dolcevita23
Hi joyfull,
About the literacy test, do we have to prepare the both articles they gave to us or we can choose any one of them ourselves for the test ?

They let us choose one of the articles ourselves :smile:
Thank you =)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending