Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has any ideas on what may come up? any advice before the exam etc.

I'm really hoping price discrimination will be one of the essay questions

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm doing this exam too and honestly speaking, I prefer unit 4 compared to 3. I don't feel very confident with these unit 3 essays =(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skilled)
    Hey, I'm doing this exam too and honestly speaking, I prefer unit 4 compared to 3. I don't feel very confident with these unit 3 essays =(
    I'm the total opposite!:/ unit 4 is worrying me. I'm hoping to get a B overall

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping for a B overall too, let's pull it out the proverbial bag!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by repressed)
    I'm hoping for a B overall too, let's pull it out the proverbial bag!
    How'd you do in the first two units?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    77 and 45. Just resat the 45 (unit 2) on Friday though. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else feel that the context questions are a bit awkward? Like it always asks about government policies but that's so vague and doesn't require that much theory, I really don't like these questions, can anyone shed some light about how best to answer these types of questions?

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend has this exam coming up and is really stressed about it, he attained an overall A at AS level but feels this unit may bring his grade down as he finds it much harder than unit 4.. any suggestions or predictions of what may come up which can be of any help to him?

ReputationRep:
    Im not a big fan of Micro! Hardest unit I think!! Anyone got any hits or tips for the 25marker ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superunknown17)
    Does anyone else feel that the context questions are a bit awkward? Like it always asks about government policies but that's so vague and doesn't require that much theory, I really don't like these questions, can anyone shed some light about how best to answer these types of questions?
    Not really 'awkward' as such, enlighten me please

Any example? can definitely help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eep!)
    Im not a big fan of Micro! Hardest unit I think!! Anyone got any hits or tips for the 25marker ??
    Insult us Micro Economists then ask for help? I think not :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ska)
    My boyfriend has this exam coming up and is really stressed about it, he attained an overall A at AS level but feels this unit may bring his grade down as he finds it much harder than unit 4.. any suggestions or predictions of what may come up which can be of any help to him?
    A caring person clearly, there is no real trend and therefore no way of predicting what will come up, however;
    I would recommend:
    - Going through your notes in line with the spec ( http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/busin...ubject-content )
    - Learning strong evaluation techniques, i use WEESTEPS
    Wider Context (Using the context data (quotes))
    Efficiency
    Equity
    Sustainability
    Time (SR/LR)
    Effectiveness
    Prioritisation (Stongest points)
    Scale (Does the policy affect a wide range of people .. etc)
    - Revising over a section then looking over past questions based around this section, i have a word file of all past questions if you would like it, this can be writing up plans and comparing with mark schemes or doing the question
    - Extras: Specific Economists to support points .. Quotes
    - Current Data
    - Other theories of the firm for strong conclusion/evaluation (Revenue Maximisation, Limit Pricing, Neo-keynesian theory of firm, Environmental Objectives, Satisficing)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecomax)
    A caring person clearly, there is no real trend and therefore no way of predicting what will come up, however;
    I would recommend:
    - Going through your notes in line with the spec ( http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/busin...ubject-content )
    - Learning strong evaluation techniques, i use WEESTEPS
    Wider Context (Using the context data (quotes))
    Efficiency
    Equity
    Sustainability
    Time (SR/LR)
    Effectiveness
    Prioritisation (Stongest points)
    Scale (Does the policy affect a wide range of people .. etc)
    - Revising over a section then looking over past questions based around this section, i have a word file of all past questions if you would like it, this can be writing up plans and comparing with mark schemes or doing the question
    - Extras: Specific Economists to support points .. Quotes
    - Current Data
    - Other theories of the firm for strong conclusion/evaluation (Revenue Maximisation, Limit Pricing, Neo-keynesian theory of firm, Environmental Objectives, Satisficing)
    could you share that word file please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dj_rubix)
    could you share that word file please?
    Hmm, doesn't let me post it up, more than happy to email it around

ReputationRep:
    I hope perfect competition does not come up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economics247)
    I hope perfect competition does not come up.
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, doesn't let me post it up, more than happy to email it around
    Can you E-mail it to me please?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skilled)
    Can you E-mail it to me please?

Thanks
    Sure, PM me your email

ReputationRep:
    Sure, PM me your email
    Done!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Why?
    I don't really understand it. I hope something like Pollution permits comes up.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.