The Student Room Group

GCSE English Literature 2013 - How did you do?

On the unseen poem it was not specific on whether the girl has actually left home or has died because of the quote 'pumping, pumping/ for her life'. I wrote that the poem is ambiguous for these two reasons. Could I loose marks for this? I explained in detail about how it could possibly represent her leaving home in the sense of demise. I feel so stupid now. Will I loose marks? How did you find it btw??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I ment left home in the sense if moving house.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
You would never loose marks because thats what you interpreted from that quote, but as long as you back it up with analysis then its fine. It went well, preferred it to mondays one. What Anthology poem did everyone choose?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I compared ozymandias and river god. Wbu ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I compared Sonnet 116 to Sonnet 43 :smile:
Reply 5
I compared Sonnet 116 and To His Coy Mistress - I was really pleased with the unseen poem, I thought it was good one : )
I loved the paper (I never say that) and the unseen one was actually a surprisingly good poem!

I compared Hawk Roosting with Futility.
I did Conflict poetry, and found the questions surprisingly good.
The unseen poem was also quite good to annotate, exploratory responses were actually not that hard to convey.
Not a bad paper at all!
Reply 8
I did The River God and Les Grand Seigneurs

Praying to God I got a B overall. Got a high A on my coursework, anyone got any idea what percentage I'll need on both of these exams for it to be a B overall?
Reply 9
the paper was alright weirdly sonnet 116 came up which i wanted:smile: and the unseen poem was really good simple but intricate the best types of poem.
Reply 10
But people please answer my paper !!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I was doing the conflict cluster so i chose hawk roosting compared it to of course god america i this gave me a lot of scope i felt really happy i think i have done myself justice i really enjoyed this exam haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Did anyone do the poetry exam for edexcel..what did you guys think?
Reply 13
I really liked it. I jumped for joy when I saw Sonnet 116, which I compared to Hour. I know I did a lot better than the first exam which I completely flopped.
Reply 14
Isn't the lit one about of mice and men and an inspector calls?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
You have two exams for English lit, poetry across time and exploring modern texts :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Majeee97
I compared ozymandias and river god. Wbu ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did those too! My two favourites- I only wish I wrote faster :redface: I had so much more to say...
Original post by Majeee97
On the unseen poem it was not specific on whether the girl has actually left home or has died because of the quote 'pumping, pumping/ for her life'. I wrote that the poem is ambiguous for these two reasons. Could I loose marks for this? I explained in detail about how it could possibly represent her leaving home in the sense of demise. I feel so stupid now. Will I loose marks? How did you find it btw??

That's good! Alternative interpretations are part of the highest band, it's GOOD, it gains marks! :smile: :tongue:
Reply 18
Original post by Semc
You have two exams for English lit, poetry across time and exploring modern texts :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah well I did the poetry last year. How did you find the texts?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
I compared River God to Medusa... although I have a feeling I didn't go that much into detail as I only analysed a few quotes! :frown:

For the unseen poetry... well that went awful for me! Again, I don't think I wrote enough, or went into enough detail! I actually preferred Monday's exam!

Hopefully I did ok though, I'm aiming for a B in both exams!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending